good evening

i had this amp for about one month and a half now... two weeks ago i noticed weird noise coming from the amp i cant describe it but lets say a ( hsssssss) sound

on the clean channel its ok and a little noise come when i add little presence

on the gain channel and this is the main problem its to much noise if i use the neck pickup (with or without presence) but if the tone knob is on 0 there is no noise

when i use the bridge pickup everything is normal

the problem is from the guitar or from the amp ?
Possibly bit of both...amp and pickup. Gain introduces more noise in general.
Neck p/ups are less noisy than bridge in general, unless single coil, which would be noisier, so possibly faulty pickup or electronics/soldering.
Last edited by diabolical at Mar 19, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
Possibly bit of both...amp and pickup. Gain introduces more noise in general.
Neck p/ups are less noisy than bridge in general, unless single coil, which would be noisier, so possibly faulty pickup or electronics/soldering.

yeah its single coil

the amp is new and im busy these days so i haven't play with it more then 45 minutes so can it be from the amp ?

and i forget to say that the noise comes from the amp even if im not playing anything just the guitar plugged in

so i need a nwe pick up or check the wiring ( if its only from the guitar)
try a different guitar and see if you still have issues. If you do then the amp is at fault, if not it is your guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
try a different guitar and see if you still have issues. If you do then the amp is at fault, if not it is your guitar

unfortunately there is no possible way to get a different guitar all the guitar players i know are playing classic guitar

but im thinking about getting a new guitar soon i just want to know what could cause this
It could be bad tubes. If the amp just recently started doing this. Take it back if you bought it new, tubes are warrantied for 90 days when new.

What amp is it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
It could be bad tubes. If the amp just recently started doing this. Take it back if you bought it new, tubes are warrantied for 90 days when new.

What amp is it?

no its a solid state amp

randall rg80
take the amp to a music store and try a few different guitars with it.

Have you tried it on a different power outlet in your house?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
take the amp to a music store and try a few different guitars with it.

Have you tried it on a different power outlet in your house?

i will call the store that i bought the amp from and tell them i will bring the amp

no i haven't this can cause a problem ? now that you mentioned it currently im plug in the amp to a new power outlet that installed in my room once i go back to home i will try
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Mar 19, 2014,
Yes sometimes "dirty" power can cause noise in electronics : Lights, computers, microwaves, ect can all make noise
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate