My new band is about to hit the rehersal rooms very soon and I've been told that the opinion on a track I've written is it's good, but we need to have some stuff over it, problem is we only have one guitarist, so I was thinking about buying a Loop Pedal and I came across this one, http://www.thomann.de/gb/digitech_jamman_express_xt_b_stock.htm

And I'm wondering if it'll do what I'm wanting, to be able to start something off and then click the switch and have it repeat a few times and then at a push of a switch turn off again? I don't feel the need to spend all out on one of these as it's going to be used just for the intro of one song anyway, but if you guys can advise, that would be great.

Sorry for clumsily wording this, I have no idea how to do that!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The Digitech can do it. If your band is going to play along at the same time the drummer needs to know that he is not setting the beat and has to slave to your playing on the looper until you kick it off.
Technically it should do it... But as Fly says it can be tough with drummers. Tiny, tiny imperfections in the loop will compound and cause odd timing issues. I've never successfully used a looper with a drummer, but then again I have pretty poor timing so it may just be me.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
What you really need is a new amp!

That would work just fine anyway.

If you want more flexibility get two or three or four or whatever and sync them (they have a dedicated 1/8" jack) so you have all of the different loops you want.
And if you can't decide between this and the ditto looper, get this.
It's stereo and the quality is supposedly the same but the chassis' bigger so this may have better converters, and the guys at digitech say this one has analog dry-through too.
Oh yeah, and this has status leds.

And most importantly if you get one of those write a review, I'm thinking about buying it but don't have any here to try
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by fly135
The Digitech can do it. If your band is going to play along at the same time the drummer needs to know that he is not setting the beat and has to slave to your playing on the looper until you kick it off.

Right ok, Ah I assumed that would be the issue, it was just a clean intro. So no drums, so if anyone is to blame for shoddy timing it would be me
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by fly135

Re. this, I use the looper on my Zoom G3 for one of the songs my band plays. It has a tap tempo function so I can set the timing on the fly to match the speed we're doing the song that day.

Edit: Ninja'd! As the drummer isn't playing, feel free to ignore me!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Any looper should do really. That being said, loopers can absolutely ruin a live performance. If one little thing goes wrong, you got a sonic mess.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
It takes a bit of practice and good timing but I've used a looper with drums many times. I wouldn't use prerecorded loops, that could get annoying, but if you're looping on the fly, its pretty easily do-able.

Just to throw it out there, with a looper, two switches is easier/quicker/better than one.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
What you really need is a second guitarist.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I just use my BOSS looper for practice, wouldn't ever use it live because of the possible implications
Using loopers live can be tricky but you should be fine since just an intro. On another note best live looper use Ive personally seen was from the guitarist from veil of maya. He loops constantly while they are playing live then plays the other guitar parts over the loop. I have no idea how he does it playing the stuff he does, I was on the side of the stage watching in amazement.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent