How do people make their pedal changes more gradual? Everything seems more blended then what I'm getting at the moment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
can you clarify your question a bit? im not sure what you are asking exactly.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Sorry... I'm just asking how to make changes between effects sound more gradual. For example, it sounds quite drastic going from a light reverb clean verse into a heavy distortion chorus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
if your referencing certain songs on modern recordings, the recording are so heavily compressed and limited that there isnt much volume difference between different parts.

i try to have my OD/Dist/Fuzz pedals set up so that they are just the slightest bit louder than my clean, unaffected tone.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Switching from "light reverb clean verse into a heavy distortion chorus" is supposed to be dramatic.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ Yeah, that's what I thought.

If you want it to be more gradual, either set up less extreme settings on the pedals, or consider using your guitar's volume knob to go from dirty to clean (and back again). That's why some players actually prefer single channel amps, it sounds more "natural". Of course some other players actually want a big difference so it just depends on what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In recordings they usually use different guitar parts with different sounds so they can keep the light clean sound's tail while the distorted thing comes in.
Or they can re-amp the thing and engage the pedal with a light setting to change the setting gradually.
Ya know, the good ol' fashioned way.
Turning a knob while the sound is playing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.