Hey Pit

Recently, I've been feeling absolutely awful.

Really lethargic depressed, I've had no physical energy whatsoever, and very little mental energy, and it's really horrid.

I've been told, that among other things, a change of diet would help.

Only, I have no idea really how..so I turn to you, in the hope that you can give me a hand in this. I need it.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
more fruit
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
have smaller, more balanced meals. add lots of side dishes (that aren't fried or drenched in mayo). eat more fruits and veggies. snack frequently on healthy shit.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by angusfan16

Wow thans for this.

Yeah, fruit seemed the obvious, but I doubt it can be just that.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
at lunch i eat either a salad or whatever else, because the options near my workplace are terrible. for dinner at home, my plate is about one part carbs (brown/black rice usually), one part meat, and two or more parts veggies. and a piece of fruit afterward. nuts and cereal/granola for snack if i really feel like it.

that's about as specific as i can get because i don't really track my diet, but it seems reasonably healthy to me.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by progdude93
have smaller, more balanced meals. add lots of side dishes (that aren't fried or drenched in mayo). eat more fruits and veggies. snack frequently on healthy shit.

Actually, this.

Also, a lot of people neglect fiber. Having a well "flowing" GI tract is really important to how you feel day to day, even if it doesn't seem like it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by progdude93

first worthwhile progdude post

Yeah this, and just stop eating trash regularly. Like frozen pizzas and hot pockets and cheetos and really processed stuff in general. Your body knows it's depressing

yeah and i can speak for the wonders of fiber just this week
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Mar 19, 2014,
Less booze and more greens. Like, vegetables.
Also I hear that regular exercise does wonders to clear up the fogginess of depression and anxiety. Haven't gotten around to it myself yet, though.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

yeah and i can speak for the wonders of fiber just this week

Prune juice is an awful substance to ingest, but my god, the things it does to your bowels. It's incredible how fast and potent the effect is.

If any of you are ever "stopped up" and prefer natural means, do it. The rumors are true.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
What do you currently eat?

Quote by eGraham
Prune juice is an awful substance to ingest, but my god, the things it does to your bowels. It's incredible how fast and potent the effect is.

If any of you are ever "stopped up" and prefer natural means, do it. The rumors are true.

Or just eat prunes! They're nicer than prune juice
cat
What's your diet like? Like what did you eat today?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by progdude93
why are prunes better for digestion and colon health than plums?

They're dehydrated so all the laxative-inducing compounds/fibers/sugars are found in a higher concentration. I wouldn't eat more than half a plum at a time because I'd get full but I would eat 5 prunes which is the same as 5 plums.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
They're dehydrated so all the laxative-inducing compounds/fibers/sugars are found in a higher concentration. I wouldn't eat more than half a plum at a time because I'd get full but I would eat 5 prunes which is the same as 5 plums.

you know lots of things
Quote by stratkat
Take vitamins.

My diet consists of soda, pizza, ramen, fried food, and pasta.

I recently took alcohol out of my daily diet.

It's more cost effective to fix your diet than buy vitamins. I take vitamins because I know I have deficiencies in certain areas which are difficult to overcome even with a healthy balanced diet. But that doesn't apply to everyone. Eating junk food has other effects besides being more deficient in essential nutrients.
cat
In regards to what I eat..well, while I'm off work (now work in winter in my area) it's extremely irregular..somtimes I just dont get hungry until maybe the evening, then maybe I'm hungry all day, etc..I know it's not good at all, it's one thing I want to change.

Otherwise mainly it's a lot of pasta (mainly with tomato based sauces, or pesto), I eat lots of meat and salad/potatoes in the evening. No fruit, I should fix that..

While I work, we often just eat rolls for lunch...it's the most simple thing to eat in the forest, or on the road while cutting grass, and they're not really heavy, so it's not as heavy on your digestion when we have to start the manual work. Eating too much at lunch time and I just find it near impossible to tart work again.

No breakfast, which I should change, then again, I'm not really sure what the best choice for breakfast would be.

Take note I have very little sugar. I don't even take it in my coffee. I'm not the biggest sweet fan.

I don't know..considering how I've been feeling, there's bound to be a lot missing. I just don't really know what.
I don't know what I'm talking about but dude, pretty sure you gotta chill out on those carbs lol

and probably more protein and sugar but you seem to know that
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
But is it Paleo?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
But is it Paleo?

"Paleo is the biggest sucker deal in retail" - Cosmo Kramer
Quote by NatividadKing
blah blah blah

It's in French. That's how you know it's legit.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's from 2 years ago dude
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
my diet is eat whatever i want and do an hour of cardio every morning

you can eat whatever you want, as long as you're also getting those fruits and veggies in as well
just make sure you exercise to get the blood pumping into those muscles, you'll feel awake and energetic for the rest of the day
early to bed, early to rise ...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by i_lovemetallica
It's from 2 years ago dude
Did not notice that at all, why on earth was it bumped?
Adbots
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass