Hey, I was looking around for guitars and came across the bc rich gunslinger retro. From the reviews I have read most people say that it is a great guitar for the price. I play a lot of glam metal and do some shredding. So I was wondering what you people think about this guitar.
Don't buy cheap B.C. Rich. Maybe you have read good reviews about it, but these reviews are mostly written by begginers who just want to brag about their new guitars and who haven't played anything better.
yeah don't trust reviews

they downgraded the gunslinger retro a while back. it used to have an alder body, FRT-x000 trem and dimarzio super distortion pickup (there was a model with a dimarzio rail pickup in the neck too, and for a while they did the same model but with a rockfield pickup instead of the dimarzio). now it's basswood, made in china (i think) and with a floyd rose special.

i had one of the ones with the dimarzios, and it was a lemon. that's the only one i've tried, though, and i suspect i just got a bad one. but yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gunslinger is a good guitar. haven't played the newest version but the ones I have tried have been good.
I'd take a look at this guitar used at Guitar Center. In excellent condition and high quality.

Features:

Construction: neck-through
Body wood: Mahogany
Top style: flat top
Tuners: Grover
Fretboard: ebony
Frets: 24 jumbo
Scale: 25 1/2"
Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
Pickups: EMG 85 neck, 81 bridge
Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-BC-RICH-ASM-PRO-WHITE-109415721-i3355343.gc
[..BLACKFIRE..]