I just got a Quadraverb 2 in the mail today.

I got the Q2 because I really want a reverb sound like Nick McCabe of The Verve uses.
Such intricate loops and organic reverb effects really pushed me to look into getting gear similar to what he has, and his Quadraverb is the most used and most consistent piece of gear he's owned.

Sitting down with my Q2 today, I am a bit impressed.
However, these reverbs don't stick out all too much to me.
Before this Q2, I had no reverb other than spring from my AC30. I previously used a trick on my memory man hazarai using fast tempo and long decay to get some nice long reverb, but it was always lacking.
The Q2 is an improvement, but it isn't far off from average, if you know what I mean.

I am left feeling like there must be another alternative that is also in pedal format.

I'm looking at some pedals like the RV-5, but I see comments on its "bland" tone at times.
What reverb I'm looking for is something that is perfect for the dreamy shoe-gaze type of ambiance, with lush detail which won't ever leave my ears feeling like something is wrong.
From bands like The Verve, really. The earlier material.
Perhaps I was too obsessed with getting exactly what Nick McCabe had that I bought into getting 20 year old equipment that probably has a more like-able pedal alternative. I also have a Q2 rather than his original Quad+.

I was thinking about the bluesky Reverberator. It's high price tag is forcing me to think longer, but I'm think I'm willing to go 300 max on a reverb pedal.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this Q2 is the one and only rack unit I have. My delay, dirt, and modulations that I like / am stuck with are in pedal form.
So having this rack is a bit of an inconvenience to me, and I would like to have a simple stompbox on the floor to toggle my reverb when its time to go from earth to outer space in the middle of a song.
Guitars:
Agile AL - 3001
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Agile AL- 2000
Squier Stratocaster VII
Amps:
Vox AC30C2
Vox AC15C1 X
Peavey Vypyr 30 X
Line 6 Spider III 75 X
Peavey Blazer 158 X
Last edited by Johnnybizzoy at Mar 19, 2014,
Read the Quadraverb manual fully and then start tweaking. Perhaps the greatest aspect of the quaddy is it's ability to tweak every conceivable parameter to create whatever you desire. I have an original Quadraverb btw.
Unless they've changed things on the Q2, you can switch it on and off with a simple keyboards sustain pedal which you can buy on ebay for like $20.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've also just realized that I'm only getting wet tone.
I want my Quad to be like the last "pedal" in my line-up, but my guitar will not come out dry unless I have a virtual pedal turned on in the quad.

I think I read that you need a mixer or something, but I dont have one?

My amp has send / return, but I'm not sure how to get it to work if it even is the solution.
Guitars:
Agile AL - 3001
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Agile AL- 2000
Squier Stratocaster VII
Amps:
Vox AC30C2
Vox AC15C1 X
Peavey Vypyr 30 X
Line 6 Spider III 75 X
Peavey Blazer 158 X
You should be running it in the amp's loop because the quaddy likes a hot input signal. You will need to adjust the wet/dry signal levels in the mix page. You have the "direct" turned down. The config also affects what controls are available. You have to remember that it's fundamentally a studio effects unit so there is a lot to learn to maximise it for your situation. In a studio setup you rarely use any dry signal because you are running it through some sort of auxillary so some configs don't even offer it as an option.
Read the manual properly, it's a very good manual.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
When I put everything in my effects loop, I only get dry sound. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I have it; Guitar > chorus > 2 distortions > delay > amp > send quad input > return quad output.

Is that right? If it is I'm getting nothing and can't find any option to do "dry vs wet" like I'm looking for.
Guitars:
Agile AL - 3001
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Agile AL- 2000
Squier Stratocaster VII
Amps:
Vox AC30C2
Vox AC15C1 X
Peavey Vypyr 30 X
Line 6 Spider III 75 X
Peavey Blazer 158 X
It's in the "mix" pages. You are looking for "direct" for the dry signal and there on the next page is master FX and the following ones, the levels for individual effects. However, right at the start of the mix page it asks if direct is pre or post EQ. You have to set it to "pre-eq" to make "direct" available.
That's how it is on the original quaddy anyway.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 19, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
It's in the "mix" pages. You are looking for "direct" for the dry signal and there on the next page is master FX and the following ones, the levels for individual effects. However, right at the start of the mix page it asks if direct is pre or post EQ. You have to set it to "pre-eq" to make "direct" available.
That's how it is on the original quaddy anyway.

Yeah it's not like that on my 2. :/
Guitars:
Agile AL - 3001
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Agile AL- 2000
Squier Stratocaster VII
Amps:
Vox AC30C2
Vox AC15C1 X
Peavey Vypyr 30 X
Line 6 Spider III 75 X
Peavey Blazer 158 X
Read the manual.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Like cath is saying, spend some more time with it. If you decide you want something else, look into the neunaber wet reverb. I have one and it's incredible.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣