I have the standard iRig model and have been using it with bias/jamup for the past couple days and its alright but not as good as I think it should be, compared to all of the videos i've seen on youtube recently about it. I spent $10 to get the full version of bias and am just using the free version of jam-up right now.

I have a pair of shure in ears but I left them at school so i've tried using apple headphones, bose, and skullcandys. I have a couple problems that I'd like to try and fix.

First, today when I started playing there was nasty feedback on the "custom" amp I made and but it wasn't very noticeable on the preset models.

Second, none of the amps seem like they have the sustain or "oomph" like I've been hearing about in reviews. Best way to describe it is like a 5153 model amp has no balls to it.

Third, the output "gauge" is always in the red (which I don't think its supposed to be doing) and I'm not sure if thats detrimental to the sound or anything. I've tried rolling back the guitars volume, decreasing the input volume, and even rolling down the master volume of the amp sim but nothing seems to affect it.

Not sure if it matters but I'm using a schecter c1 hellraiser.

I'm just trying to get my money's worth out of this app because i've heard and seen great reviews about it
Your problems most likely come from too high expectations - have you ever tried an amp used by a guitarist which you know was used in that particular song, though not getting the same sound as that guitarist in that song?
Well to me that happened every single time but one, and the amp was a VH4, so I guess we could say that's not a thing that's likely to happen with a $10 ipad app.

Videos on youtube have guitars passed through a shit ton of fx processors and they're double tracked and they are mixed with other stuff and so on.
So, you either do that yourself or you keep the ballsless sound.

Then, as for the output volume meter always red, find a master volume and turn it down.
Not the amp master volume, an app's master volume or something.
Depends if the power amp's volume and the master volume on the amp are the same thing.
If they are than find another master volume and lower it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If the input is in the red with the guitar volume rolled off, clearly there's a problem somewhere in the software and you need to get that sorted before you worry about how it sounds.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ he said the output gauge is red, not the input's.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ he said the output gauge is red, not the input's.

SHIT!

My bad.

Oh well, same thing applies...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin