Hey, i was wondering if anyone has this guitar, im thinking about purchasing one and wondering if its any good, i intend to play quite a bit of metal. if theres any pros or cons of this guitar itd be nice if someone with experience with the guitar could help me out on this decision.
Thanks
Get an old EX-400. It'll crush the 351. The 351 has shitty EMG HZs in it, as far as I can tell. Definitely not worth getting of your own accord.

EDIT: Unless you're able to get it super cheap and plan to swap the pups. Then by all means go for it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 20, 2014,
yeah, im getting for for 250 aus dollars. im thinking of buying emg 81/85 pups just to get the metaller tone.
Quote by DannyWilson97
yeah, im getting for for 250 aus dollars. im thinking of buying emg 81/85 pups just to get the metaller tone.

Eh, EMGs are always passed off as THE metal pickup.

Personally, I think you can find a plethora of passive pickups that slay EMGs for a metal tone for the same price. Plus, no fuss with a battery.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
Eh, EMGs are always passed off as THE metal pickup.

Personally, I think you can find a plethora of passive pickups that slay EMGs for a metal tone for the same price. Plus, no fuss with a battery.

What would you reccomend? i play alot of metallica, lamb of god, pantera, parkway drive and slipknot. so im looking for a thick driving tone that sustains.
Quote by DannyWilson97
What would you reccomend? i play alot of metallica, lamb of god, pantera, parkway drive and slipknot. so im looking for a thick driving tone that sustains.

A Seymour Duncan Distortion (SH-6) in the bridge will give you a great balance for all of those tones.

But really I wouldn't shy away from EMGs. An EMG 81 in the bridge, or even a Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 in the bridge will be great for those tones as well.

Everyone has their own opinions. Nothing wrong with Actives or Passives, just use whatever sounds and feels the best to you.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well lamb of god uses Seymour passives, pretty sure dime used passives. I like the crunchlab a lot but that's personal opinion.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
i think ill buy the seymour SH-6 for the bridge with an emg 81 for the neck. do the seymours have the cover on them like the emgs or are they open top? cause i absolutely love the look of emgs with the covered pup.
Quote by DannyWilson97

I'm thinking a Duncan Screamin' Demon. Its a pretty thick and sustainy pickup. Also a Dimarzio Crunch Lab would be decent for the job.

If it has to be super tight I'd say Duncan Distortion. Or, if you could shell out the money, Bare Knuckle pickups make a ton of high output, super tight, super thick pups.

Quote by Offworld92
Everyone has their own opinions. Nothing wrong with Actives or Passives, just use whatever sounds and feels the best to you.

Also this^
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by DannyWilson97
i think ill buy the seymour SH-6 for the bridge with an emg 81 for the neck. do the seymours have the cover on them like the emgs or are they open top? cause i absolutely love the look of emgs with the covered pup.

I do not recommend mixing actives and passives. It's a pain in the ass to do because actives use 25K pots and a stereo output jack, while passives use 500K pots and a mono output jack. On top of that the levels are usually wildly different and can be very difficult to balance.

On top of that I don't recommend an 81 in the neck.

I recommend either going with an EMG 81 in the bridge and a 60 or a 60A in the neck,
a Seymour Duncan AHB-1 bridge + neck set,
or a Seymour duncan SH-6 / SH-2N set.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X