Also, just saying, this sort of stuff, Free Tekno, is the new punk. It's the only thing these days doing anything counter-cultural. The hippies and punks gave up on their free parties and squat parties a long time ago, only the Tekno scene is still going in regards to illegal raves and all that.

The Psy scene in england is still active in the illegal free party scene, but due to it's smaller size it's no where near as politically charged.
Quote by Owenlee55
Also, just saying, this sort of stuff, Free Tekno, is the new punk. It's the only thing these days doing anything counter-cultural. The hippies and punks gave up on their free parties and squat parties a long time ago, only the Tekno scene is still going in regards to illegal raves and all that.

...oh dear...
punks still do free gigs. it's just no one goes to them anymore
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Owenlee55
el oh el

Electronic music is getting as ridiculous as metal with all these stupid sub genres, just call it all dance and be done with it. wtf is Free Tekno and Tribecore?
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by Owenlee55
Can't imagine there'd be any Americans in to it, but Europeans might know it.

wut is this
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Don't like none of this, I'll stick to my Dub Techno and shizz

also that thing about free parties and whatnot is true and i dunno how you'd say it's not. techno and trance and all that other bollocks do that shit on a whole other level to everyone else
Quote by bifteksupernova
el oh el

Electronic music is getting as ridiculous as metal with all these stupid sub genres, just call it all dance and be done with it. wtf is Free Tekno and Tribecore?

I guess you could call it all 'Rave' music, but it's not all similar, there's got to be something to distinguish between sounds.

Free Tekno is just Tekno played at Free Parties, made to be somewhat crude and easy to produce. I will admit, I've no clue where the name Tribecore comes from. Tribal Hardcore I guess.

Quote by willT08
Don't like none of this, I'll stick to my Dub Techno and shizz

also that thing about free parties and whatnot is true and i dunno how you'd say it's not. techno and trance and all that other bollocks do that shit on a whole other level to everyone else

Yeah man, it's pretty straight forward, why I like it really, rolling baselines put you in a trance. Yeah, no doubt, the electronic scene is the real counter-culture at the moment. For NYE 2013 I went to a warehouse rave in Bristol, at least 600 people all breaking in to an abandoned warehouse, people had to hook up the electricity and all that again, cops lined the building in the morning but had no real power, cops tried stopping people as they went in to but as we hadn't actually broken anything we weren't committing a criminal offence. Fvcking sick (Y)

And yeah, the Psytrance and Tekno scenes put on so many illegal free parties, it's great.

Quote by captainsnazz
This sorta thing is a bit too rhythmically straight for my tastes, but Owen m8 I do very much appreciate your services to this forum

edit: fucksake will why do we always post at exactly the same time

No worries, I'd probably be more welcomed on an electronic music board, but oh well.
Last edited by Owenlee55 at Mar 20, 2014,
Quote by captainsnazz

edit: fucksake will why do we always post at exactly the same time

further evidence that Will and Snazz are part of an underground and illegal operation in which the same personalities are implanted into different members of society, as a ploy to destroy traditional ideas of music as we understand it. Eventually, when all we listen to is electronically produced, our minds will link up as one, and this underground movement will rule the world

fight back brothers, do not let yourselves be slaves to this uprising!
You do realise there is an edit button? Stop bumping the thread with double posts.
Quote by JackalUK
You do realise there is an edit button? Stop bumping the thread with double posts.

He edited his post and then made a double post though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I miss being 14.

Mate, getting older ain't no reason to stop having fun.

I can't imagine free parties are going to change the world, but It's nice to be able to go out for a night or 3 and, within the confines of that big-ass warehouse or field off in the hills, be basically totally apart from society for a while.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
A bunch of idiots dancing to shit music and numbing their senses with drugs and alcohol because their lives are boring and they can't accomplish anything. Lel.

Don't they know you can just post on ultimate-guitar to feel good?

That's exactly what it is.

Idiots? Out of my lot all of them have A-levels, apart from those who are in college still getting their A-levels. A few are in Uni, I only know 1 who dropped out of college (Not including me). The two of us who aren't in college/dropped out, are both working.

Numbing senses? Doing MDMA isn't numbing your senses, just like going out and drinking isn't, or smoking a spliff. You don't need drugs to have fun, but they do give you a different sort of fun, and MDMA has helped me a lot in my battle with anxiety and depression, merely from popping a pill and going out raving, or sitting in my mates living room mandy'd up, all huddled up together chatting shit. I will admit there was a point where I was pretty depressed and did Ketamine almost every other day, but that period's gone.

Also, what's wrong with dancing for 16 hours straight? It's good fun, trust (Y)

And like I said, my life isn't boring, I work, in the week I meet up with mates for a pint or two or a spliff, we spend a lot of our waking life sober and, perhaps surprisingly, still enjoying it!

And yeah, like, the electronic scene is the only real scene where people can actually dance for half a day straight with no stops, where music plays for days on end, unlike metal and rock festivals and that. I go to metal gigs around here and everyone looks the same, either skinny jeans, flannel shirt, denim jacket and a beanie/cap, or long hair, jeans and band shirt.

I go to raves and I see people who look like massive chavs, people who look like massive hippies, people who look totally normal, 'punk' and 'goths', fancy-looking preppies, skinheads, everything. Yeah there's the odd addict sitting in the corner sniffing a gram of ketamine every hour, but there's alcoholics and absolute twats in every other scene too.
Last edited by Owenlee55 at Mar 20, 2014,
Quote by Owenlee55

Bout 20 years too late m8.

Also, these genres/songs sound like parodies of more popular electronic genres
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Owenlee55
Any Tekno / HardTek / Tribecore / RaggaTek fans here?

Can't imagine there'd be any Americans in to it, but Europeans might know it.

TS, you still haven't explained this. Techno was invented in Detroit.
But what about the blackened neo-pagandub folkstepcore? It's really the only thing worth listening to.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
But what about the blackened neo-pagandub folkstepcore? It's really the only thing worth listening to.

But what about step music and uplifting breaks and unusual rhythms?
Quote by Owenlee55

stuff about dancing

I don't really listen to this stuff much (the only people I know who listen to lots of it listen to it to be cool because no one else listens to it) but I can get down to all of it
cat
Quote by EpiExplorer
Bout 20 years too late m8.

Also, these genres/songs sound like parodies of more popular electronic genres

Nah man, the Free Tekno scene is still bustling in Europe (Y)

Quote by theogonia777
TS, you still haven't explained this. Techno was invented in Detroit.

Yeah but it never really progressed past the commercial House stage. The UK and Europe invented Hardcore, Gabber, Drum & Bass, Jungle, (In a sense) Goa and Psytrance, Hardstyle, Hard/Acid Trance, Happy Hardcore, Raggatek, HardTek, Garage, and plenty more.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
lol

Different strokes I guess. I enjoy altered states of perception and not saying a word for 12 hours while I rave my tits off, some don't.

Quote by theogonia777
But what about step music and uplifting breaks and unusual rhythms?

Uplifting anything is the best thing about electronic music (Y)
Quote by guitarxo

I don't really listen to this stuff much (the only people I know who listen to lots of it listen to it to be cool because no one else listens to it) but I can get down to all of it

Getting down is the best thing (Y) Nothing better than a good skank or nice stomp (Y)

Fair, it's not unpopular here. Hardcore and Hardstyle are no where near as big as Jungle and D&B here though, although more people in my area are getting in to RaggaTek.