Hi guys so i've got this music recital this sunday where i'll be playing Katyusha, a russian folk song on my classical guitar. I've been practising for about 2 weeks now. I can play it decently without looking at the score but i still make certain silly mistakes every time i play. I believe i've only played the whole thing without mistakes once or twice. Any tips?
Keep practicing / practice to a metronome and slowly increase the speed 5bpm a time.
Don't overthink. This and BoL7z's advice above. Don't react or try not to make a face if you make a mistake. Chances are, no one will notice.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I think my biggest mistake was always stopping when I made a mistake and starting over.

If you make a mistake, finish the song anyway!

Also, identify where your mistakes are and what you're doing or not doing that's causing them. In most cases you can make a mental note or notes about something that will help you get through the whole thing.

Also, what BoL7z said. Metronome OR at the very least, foot tap the rhythm while you practice and actually do it a couple of times (tapping dat foot) while just listening to the song and pay attention to how the beats interact with the notes. That can help immensely in working out problems.

Good luck with the performance and stay cool! You'll be fine Well, as long as you keep practicing this and get it right.
Tommy Tedesco always used to say 'If I made a mistake, I went home and practised that until I didn't get it wrong any more'.
He became the greatest session guitar player in history.
Great advice in this thread.

If you make a mistake, don't sweat it. Keep rolling through. When you get home, practice it. The big thing is not get caught up in the mistake, because then you're not focusing on the next bits and it could cause more. You're out playing to have fun, so don't for get to have some!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
thanks for all the advice everybody it went well i didn't make a mistake in the entire song
congrats ! glad i couldn't help( a little late to this thread)
most of the mistakes are made before you actually start playing...nerves and butterflies. i used to do that in my last job every single time i went to work. then went i started work, practice/training kicked in and things always went my way.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by contra98
thanks for all the advice everybody it went well i didn't make a mistake in the entire song

Very cool.
I am looking for a tab for this song. I presume you do Katyusha in Em?

Katyusha 1938

Lyrics: M. Isakovsky
Music: M. Blanter
Translation: T.Coughlin

The last two lines of the verse repeat as the Chorus.

Apple trees and pear trees in flower.
Morning mist is rising in the sun.
Young Katyusha goes walking by the river,
On the bank, down where the [water runs.
Chorus

By the river, she sings, a love song,
To her hero, fighting far away.
To her lover, the one she dearly yearns,
She reads the letters, he writes every day.
Chorus

Oh, my song, the song of a maiden's true love,
Fly over the river. Into the sunlight go.
Fly to my love, who's fighting for our country,
Faithful Katyusha, sends him sweet hello.
Chorus

Let him remember an ordinary, girl,
Sweetly singing, like a morning dove,
To my lover, who preserves our homeland,
So Katyusha will preserve our love.
Chorus

Apple trees and pear trees in flower.
Morning mist is rising in the sun.
Young Katyusha goes walking by the river,
On the bank, down where the water runs.
Chorus x2
Just make sure you nail the ending. That makes your audience think you played the whole song well. LOL- but seriously though.
1) Depending on the formality of the recital, it might be fine for you to have the score in front of you. Plenty of professionals do this.

2) Mark any trouble spots on the score and make a checklist of the measures. Play these parts, with a metronome set stupidly slow, for a solid 5min. Seriously, go slower than you think is necessary. By slowing down it allows you to really analyze the phrase and you teach yourself to play it consistently rather than sometimes playing it right.

3) Like the others have said, if you mess up just keep going. It's unlikely that anyone will notice.