I got on the preorder list for this pedal, and I am totally blown away.

After spending some time with this pedal jamming with a drummer, here are my thoughts. For my rig (Classic Player Jazzmaster and a Sunn combo with a bunch of pedals), this thing is a game changer. I am SUPER picky about lower-gain overdrives, but this one manages to add the perfect amount of body and gain to my guitar signal and it sounds excellent in a mix.

The pedal has controls for volume, gain, tone (treble content), and “shape” which is kind of like a fullness control which is hard to describe but very intuitive to dial in. The control configuration closely follows that of the Caroline Wave Cannon, which I also use and love. In fact, the Haymaker was originally planned as a Wave Cannon redesign but I’m glad they kept them separate!

So the pedal has three clipping modes, which are toggled by the center switch. Mode A is similar to the clipping found in 808 style pedals, which I’m not typically a fan of. But the Haymaker has much more bass and flatter mids, so I was able to dial in some smooth, medium-gain tones that worked well with my rig. Mode C is similar to the clipping found in Rat-style pedals, and is fairly reminiscent of the Wave Cannon, Caroline’s first pedal and a staple in my rig. However the Haymaker sounds a bit more compressed and less aggressive than the Wave Cannon due to the use of Silicon diodes rather than LED’s. The Haymaker is also brighter, in general. But Mode B is where the Haymaker truly shines. It’s Caroline’s take on the “transparent OD” sound and wow, it’s the best I’ve played to date. I have it dialed in for some healthy grit and slightly more sparkle than my basic clean tone, and the sound and feel of the pedal fits perfectly with my Jazzmaster and Sunn combo. I’m excited to record with this.

And for the record, the shirt is wicked comfortable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah, the insides are great too! Very clean and well laid out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments