Is it safe? Selling guitars/amps on Craigslist, I get the request pretty often. I'm hesitant because i'm not sure of the chances of being scammed somehow by giving the serial number or pictures of the serial number. Any help?
The only downside of giving a serial number is that someone might claim it was stolen. But if you have a email from them requesting the number and an email responding that might be protection against such a thing. I use CL all the time to buy and sell. But serial numbers weren't an issue because pretty much nothing was expensive enough have been a fake clone.
I'm paranoid too. With most serials there are a few digits and/or letters which give the important info (like the year, or the factory where it was made). If you can figure those out you can send a pic and blank out the rest of the numbers. Might be the best approach.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm paranoid too. With most serials there are a few digits and/or letters which give the important info (like the year, or the factory where it was made). If you can figure those out you can send a pic and blank out the rest of the numbers. Might be the best approach.

+1