Hi all, long-time player, first time recorder, so please go easy on me!

I've my wedding coming up this year and my fiancee said she'd love it if it's me singing on the first dance song. I've downloaded a backing track of the song, which sounds fine, but now my question is: What's the easiest way for me to record my voice over the top of that track?

What software will I need? What hardware will I need?

Thank you all!!!
Read the interface sticky!

Though if your fiancè asked ya to do such a thing, why wouldn't you get a microphone and sing live on top of whatever music you want?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Will do (read the sticky)! That was an option, but we mainly wanted it on CD so we can dance to it while lovingly gazing into each others eyes
If it's just a one off thing I'd pick up a Behringer C1-u or other USB Condenser Microphone, and a $5 pop filter off eBay. For software REAPER is the way to go, again for a one off the trial is uninhibited and will be fine.
Hire one of the many hundred budding engineers (that are probably in your town) to do it for you.. Offer them 50 bucks and you'll be set.
Quote by chatterbox272
If it's just a one off thing I'd pick up a Behringer C1-u or other USB Condenser Microphone, and a $5 pop filter off eBay. For software REAPER is the way to go, again for a one off the trial is uninhibited and will be fine.

Thank you very much for the advice. I assume then, that I can just load the song into REAPER and then record over the top, then just merge the two sound files?