I got my kit today. I still have not figured out how to get pictures on here but ill work on that. I play pretty much everything from bluegrass to metal (trampled by turtles, lamb of god and anything in between).
The kit is rough.
The wiring is done but I also ordered the texas wound pro pickups so I will have to do some wiring.
The nut is crap. It's about half the thickness it should be.
The tuners are also crap. Real weak and wobbly.
The body and neck seem ok. Will have to really work on the frets to make them nice.

All in all, for the $150 I paid. I guess I couldn't have asked for more. My plan is to cut the headstock to look like the oversized stocks.

This will also give me the stock pickups to build one from scratch.
what model is it? I have wondered about their quality, they do admit that the parts are not the best though

I use GFS pickups and some are really nice, the Fat Pat and the VEH are good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I got the $89 light strat. Everything seems fixable in the build except for the nut. I may have to get A new one.
I see you have the greenie. I got that as well. We will see. I used to have a pod live so this is my first try at an individual peddle.
I think I'm going with a natural finish. The grain has some cool dark lines in it. I had a MIM strat in Nat. And I loved the look.
The upgraded pickups have larger posts and are considerably heavier so I hope they work out.
Wee will see.
The Greenie is a great boost pedal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm curious to see pictures. I've been thinking of getting a 335 semi-hollow kit from them, but i've always wondered about the wood quality (hardware can always be replaced).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
As soon as I figure out how to adjust the file size of the pictures on my phone, I will post some.
use photobucket for pics. Then just use the IMG link they give you and copy paste. Cant wait to see some pics of this build, I like seeing people try their hand at these cheap kits. Gives me hope for myself for when I finally buy the ML kit ive been eye balling for the past year.

ok, i think i got the link thing figured out. You can see what i mean by the nut looking bad. It is thin and real sloppy. I will probably have to redo it.
The body sanded out nicely to 220. The wood is real easy to sand but the pores are going to be a problem. I will probably have to use a poor filler.

thanks for the help with the pics and such. I believe i should be within the rules now.
Last edited by eoj02 at Mar 22, 2014,
Put the links/URLs inside (Invalid img) tags, and the pictures will show up instantly.

Also, doubleposting (in this case, 4 in a row) is against the rules.
Edit the first post ("first try at a link"), add all the pictures and information on the same post, use the trick i told you so the pictures will show up, and delete the other 3.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
i just went with 6 coats of lacquer on the body, steal wool and polish; also cut the headstock and sanded neck and headstock. I did work on the frets some.

Now to work on the tru oil. for the headstock, i plan on making a steal plate ingraved with a logo.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
Last edited by eoj02 at Mar 24, 2014,
I got the thing together and wanted to check out her nut and electronics before going through them. The electric is quite noisy. Have to look into that. I have not done any shielding yet though.
The nut is just atrocious. I may need to get A new one and start over with that. It looks god awful as well with glue showing by the fret board. The string slots are off as well. They are only cut for 9's. That part is just bad.
The palowala (whatever) wood is so põrus the small screws won't holdany pressure.
The neck is bowed back a little so I made a small adjustment with the rod and I am leaving it strung for a coupleof days to see how it changes before going any farther.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12