My amp was perfectly fine like 2 days ago, the last time I played. Went to plug in today, and the only noise I could get out of it was this annoying whistle. It's a Laney AOR 100. Any help would be appreciated.
Laney AOR! Twins! We have the same amp.

Right, whistling? Have you tested to see if the preamp tubes have gone microphonic?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I actually dunno how to do that... it's my first tube amp, I've had it for a good year or two now but never had any problems with it so. I guess it's probably about time lol
Quote by hallowedshred
I actually dunno how to do that... it's my first tube amp, I've had it for a good year or two now but never had any problems with it so. I guess it's probably about time lol

Just tap the pre-amp tubes with the back of a pencil with a rubber on it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
What am I looking for when I do that? Probably a dumb question, but the more I know about what I'm doing, the more information I have to share with you guys to potentially help me lol
Quote by Fisheth24
Just tap the pre-amp tubes with the back of a pencil with a rubber on it.

Ive never put a rubber on the pencil when testing, I usually just use the eraser to tap the tubes. Oh well, safety first I suppose
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Remove each of your tubes one at a time, if you've got "TV Tuner/Contact cleaner(NOT WD40) spray the sockets and put the tube back in and move to the next tube.
You might simply have a loose tube.
If it still whistles, search for a nearby certified electrician. Maybe call you local Music store for guidance. Sometimes they have a repairman on site. It sounds like about $75 to $125 for a possible repair.
Are any of your effects hooked up??
It could be a loose cord in your chain.
Are the jacks on your amp loose??
Power tubes can go microphonic too and when they do it can be pretty dramatic. If you tap each tube in turn with a pencil you will hear the tapping coming through the speakers. Most tubes are slightly microphonic, you are looking for one that is particularly loud compared to the others.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification