Page 1 of 2
Let me ask you something.

Do you have things figured out?

I'm thinking about life, my life, other people's lives, and I feel like nobody truly knows what they're doing.

Nobody has it figured out.

Nobody says it HAS to be x, y and z. Some do, it's a plan for themselves, but I don't think they know what they're doing with it.

I think this is my internal struggle searching for life mantras.

So...if nobody has it figured out...who gives a shit what people think, right?
Quote by Philip_pepper

I'm thinking about life, my life, other people's lives, and I feel like nobody truly knows what they're doing.

Nobody says it HAS to be x, y and z. Some do, it's a plan for themselves, but I don't think they know what they're doing with it.

the question is, assuming I've figured it out, would give a shit even if it wasnt the way you wanted it to be?
Nah, no one really knows what they're doing. Some do but mostly are just good at faking it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Figured what out?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I mean I do for most things right now but that involves me figuring out that i don't really like life plans
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Nobody has it figured out but you're by far the whiniest fuck about it. Jesus.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
yeah, i always thought most people, even adults, had it all figured out. like life is a highway and you just follow the exit signs depending on where you wanna go.

but life is more like the ocean. there are destinations in mind, but without help and some useful tools, there's no ****ing way to know where you're going.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
this

What?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Wrong. People in comas figured it all out. They're SORTA alive and lots of people care about them, but really they don't have to do a thing.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Nobody has it figured out but you're by far the whiniest fuck about it. Jesus.

Nuh uh.
Why do you have to figure "it" out?
There is no "it".
Tomorrow is going to happen with or with out "it".
Spend your life trying to figure out what "it" is will result in a life not lived.
Fuck "it".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
we are constantly insatiable and perpetually lost, and any time we stop and think about it we become aware of it again. that is why people came up with heaven.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
we are constantly insatiable and perpetually lost, and any time we stop and think about it we become aware of it again. that is why people came up with heaven.

If you can't define "it" don't try to talk about "it".
There is no "it".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
In my life thus far, I have wanted to be a fireman, a police officer, join the army, be a graphics artist, a novelist, a journalist, a musician, a dancer, a psychologist, a carpenter, a manager, a chef, play professional football, drive a truck, be an audio producer, a movie director, a school teacher, and an archeologist.

I went to college for art, quit, applied for business administration, couldn't afford it, applied for psychology, then changed my mind.

I've worked, studied, or attempted almost everyone of the aforementioned fields, and I've never felt I've truly belonged in any one of those. The closest I ever came to feeling a sense of fulfillment was studying music, playing guitar, and exploring psychology. But I became distracted by heavy alcohol and drug abuse and running around with skanks, so I've lost touch with all that.

I've always thought I was a really messed up individual, but the truth is, well, I am. But, besides that, most people seem to be forced or directed into a certain direction in life, or they simply pick one and stick with it. Most people rely on short-term pleasures to keep a sense of joy and purpose in their life, or find some other means, like having a child, or using drugs, or both, sadly.

Life's constantly moving, so we'll constantly be chasing the next thing to fill the strange, mysterious void we all at some point feel. That's not such a bad thing. It's led to great developments for mankind.
Pepper's threads are so goddamn boring now. I prefer the ******ed misogyny over the 'my life's poopy, wat about u!' Threads
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Jackal58
There is no "it".

but that "it" referred to our lack of understanding of the real "it" (or if you like, our insistence on there being an "it" at all)
Quote by archerygenious

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by steve_muse
Pepper's threads are so goddamn boring now. I prefer the ******ed misogyny over the 'my life's poopy, wat about u!' Threads

I'll go back to that in time.

My heart's been broken by a girl. I'll have to pick up the pieces before I can go back to hatin' again.

Quote by Philip_pepper
I'll go back to that in time.

My heart's been broken by a girl. I'll have to pick up the pieces before I can go back to hatin' again.

your heart's been broken? what? you mean the girl you wanted to **** that has a bf and used you to make him jealous and eventually began threatening you?

edit: usually misogyny happens AFTER someone has their heart broken.. but your misogyny has been displaced by having a psychotic **** threaten you? you should see someone.
Quote by steve_muse

It might depress you to think about the purposes of life, but for others, or me, at least, it's not depressing at all. It has nothing to do with life being "poopy" or whining. It's about being thoughtful. If you don't like being thoughtful, then don't be.
Quote by progdude93
your heart's been broken? what? you mean the girl you wanted to **** that has a bf and used you to make him jealous and eventually began threatening you?

Yeah.

I really thought she was different. (I'm not being sarcastic here, honestly thought she was special. Weird, huh?)

Quote by progdude93

edit: usually misogyny happens AFTER someone has their heart broken.. but your misogyny has been displaced by having a psychotic **** threaten you? you should see someone.

I was misogynistic cuz I thought women were all the same. I got talking to that girl mentioned above, she seemed really nice, it shattered my idea that girls were useless. Imagine my surprise.

And then look what happened.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Mar 20, 2014,
Does Bill Gates have it figured out?

Does Ted Turner have it figured out?

Does Arnold Schwarzenegger have it figured out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv3F2WVk6oI

you better believe he does
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yeah.

I really thought she was different. (I'm not being sarcastic here, honestly thought she was special. Weird, huh?)

ORRR you can decide not to hate, remain as vulnerable as you are now, and we can have a beer and lube our dicks with tears, cool?

Quote by Jackal58
There is no "it".

"It's getting hot in here" was talking about something real and tangible.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yeah.

See, that's whining. :P Seriously, move on. Someone who isn't around or isn't a positive influence in your life, shouldn't be even remotely a focus. You'll lose a lot of years wallowing in yourself for nothing. Wake up sooner, than later.
Quote by Mud Martian
See, that's whining. :P Seriously, move on. Someone who isn't around or isn't a positive influence in your life, shouldn't be even remotely a focus. You'll lose a lot of years wallowing in yourself for nothing. Wake up sooner, than later.

Getting there. This thread just came up as I'm almost done uni and look at what lies ahead. Post-uni blues.
Quote by Philip_pepper

if no one has figured "it" out, is that not "it"? therefore you've figured "it" out and someone (you) has figured "it" out and your "it" is incorrect. but if you're lost again then no one has figured "it" out...
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Philip_pepper
Getting there. This thread just came up as I'm almost done uni and look at what lies ahead. Post-uni blues.

i'm dealing with the same shit man. it feels weird, because everything beforehand seemed so straightforward. you knew where you were headed, you had more of an idea of what the plan was. now you realized there's no plan.

just figure out what you want to do, and see what has to be done in order to achieve it. you're almost an adult, which means it's almost time for YOU to be giving your life structure rather than anyone else.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
but that "it" referred to our lack of understanding of the real "it" (or if you like, our insistence on there being an "it" at all)

Define "it".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
actually i change my position. there is no "it" but there are many "its." we only like saying in discussions that there is no "it" because that is the only answer that could possibly make sense when you're talking to someone other than yourself.
Quote by archerygenious

Quote by Philip_pepper

I get it man. Put a positive spin on everything and really pound it into your skull. If you want to know a secret to life, understand and accept things, and never let it change your core. When something makes you feel bad, it's because you learned about something you don't want in your life. You're a step closer to knowing what you do want. Not so bad, huh?

Another thing: You never have to settle, ever. Since you've got one life, and there's a lot of shit to do, feel free to explore new things. Just be smart about it. Don't explore the affects of ecstasy with a bunch of strangers in a place you've never been, and wonder why a seven foot cokehead is plowing you in the back of a van.
Quote by progdude93
i'm dealing with the same shit man. it feels weird, because everything beforehand seemed so straightforward. you knew where you were headed, you had more of an idea of what the plan was. now you realized there's no plan.

just figure out what you want to do, and see what has to be done in order to achieve it. you're almost an adult, which means it's almost time for YOU to be giving your life structure rather than anyone else.

We're not the only ones, right? It feels like up to this point we've been given clear instructions: go to school, study, become something. Then that's over, and you look around and think..."Shit, what now?"

Feels like you've been in a prison all your life until this point and have just been freed and you don't know what to do in society and long for the time back in prison where things had structure.

And you see people doing whatever it is they do. And you think "Shit, they're doing something, but is that right?"
Quote by Philip_pepper
We're not the only ones, right? It feels like up to this point we've been given clear instructions: go to school, study, become something. Then that's over, and you look around and think..."Shit, what now?"

Feels like you've been in a prison all your life until this point and have just been freed and you don't know what to do in society and long for the time back in prison where things had structure.

And you see people doing whatever it is they do. And you think "Shit, they're doing something, but is that right?"

yeah man. it's pretty natural. i've noticed there are a few people who don't seem to be occupied with the same thoughts. and those people fall into 2 groups:
-the really driven people who've known what they wanted to do since before college
-the morons who have yet to realize the difference between college life and the real world
Quote by progdude93
yeah man. it's pretty natural. i've noticed there are a few people who don't seem to be occupied with the same thoughts. and those people fall into 2 groups:
-the really driven people who've known what they wanted to do since before college
-the morons who have yet to realize the difference between college life and the real world

I used to be pretty sure of what I wanted to do, but felt like it wasn't worth the effort. I've studied something I liked instead, but I don't feel like it's something I'll do for the rest of my life. At the same time, I wanna do something, no idea what though.

Man, I think I need a beer.
Quote by Philip_pepper

There's your problem right there. You're trying to live your life through what other people do.
Stop.
Does not matter what others do. Unless they are doing it to you but that's a different discussion.
Go do something. Anything. If you fail do something else. If you don't like what you're doing do something else. Quit waiting for somebody to tell you what to do. Life is scary. That's part of the fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
There's your problem right there. You're trying to live your life through what other people do.
Stop.
Does not matter what others do. Unless they are doing it to you but that's a different discussion.
Go do something. Anything. If you fail do something else. If you don't like what you're doing do something else. Quit waiting for somebody to tell you what to do. Life is scary. That's part of the fun.

Shit man. I need this on a poster in my room.
Page 1 of 2