25 16%
Meh, it's alright
54 35%
It's the best thing since I discovered touching myself
75 49%
Voters: 154.
Page 1 of 5
Hello!

I'm gonna get sooooo flamed for this, however.

I notice every music thread or discussion and peoples bands seem to be all about metal. I myself hate everything to do with metal.

Is it just me, or anyone else?

Think this is in the right place!?!?
metal ist wunderbar
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Jpaycheck
Hello!

I'm gonna get sooooo flamed for this, however.

I notice every music thread or discussion and peoples bands seem to be all about metal. I myself hate everything to do with metal.

Is it just me, or anyone else?

Think this is in the right place!?!?

Are you kidding me? It's probably the single most shit on genre on this entire forum.
Check out my band Disturbed
I only hate threads that bash genres. This thread is stupid. Learn some culture you boar.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Metal is p good. It depends on what kind of metal of course. A lot of it now is just pretty bland and boring.

The only genre I pretty much exclusively hate is reggae.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Metal is for greasy hair losers who play guitars screaming about how their dad beat their ass because they won't take a shower. Throw in some satanic lyrics and bash Christianity, and you're gold. They can't wash their hair or cut it because their true dream is to be a lion, as that's more br00tal

"ROOAAR MY DAD'S AN ASSHOLE"

"HE TRIED TO MAKE ME SHOWER"

"SHOWERS ARE NOT TR00 METAL"

"HAIL SATAN AND FUCK JESUS"

"ROOOAR"
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
wait people here actually like that stuff? lmao

Used to be totally absorbed in it.

Then I got away from it for a while and started writing music that *gasp* wasn't metal!

I still have reverence for it in the way that it's largely a very technical and artistically 'free' genre of music. These days though, I can't relate to or feel it anymore.

I've tried writing metal in the last few weeks and it just doesn't want to come out anymore. I'm a boring alt-rocker now, I think.
Yeah! Metal totally blows! Can't stand it or the losers that listen to it... Oh.. Wait..

Edit: Also, metal sux lul
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at Mar 20, 2014,
Personally I prefer wood surfaces over metal. They dont get as cold and the wood gives a warmer feel. I don't hate metal tho
Is it just me, or has this been posted like 15 times this last week or so?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Music is music. It's the same notes, chords, and theory holding it together. While I may not be as fond of the cookie monster vocals (actually, that's the only thing about modern metal I don't like, the music sounds fine to me, generally speaking), that doesn't make it bad, or 'not music'.

It annoys people when I have Sabbath or Love and Death going, then my music player switches to Johnny Cash, or Luciano Pavarotti, or tunes from Sesame Street. Because C IS FOR COOKIE! THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! /metal
like most other genre of music, some is good and some is crap.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Love the music, hate the fans.
Of course, like most if not all genres, there's both good and bad music within the genre. I've found myself disliking harsh vocal, blast beat oriented metal more so as the years go by in favour of groove and melody. Still dig bands like Mastodon, Soilwork (older Soilwork, I found the new album for the most part blows) and Machine Head, but that's as "heavy" as my tastes go.
I'm not gonna bother voting on the poll because I don't think metal as a whole as either "meh it's alright" or "the best thing since discovering masturbation", despite being my "main" genre and being very passionate about music, the genre as a whole, nor any for that matter, is shit or amazing overall.
Last edited by deathofagod at Mar 20, 2014,
Don't worry, most of the metal forum regulars will hate the metal bands everyone else here likes, so already have something in common with a part of the metal forum.
I hate the people who hate the people who loathe the people who are offended by metal D:< D:< D:<
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
i hate people that think their opinion matters
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I used to be all about it. I still really love a lot of Metal bands but I've broadened out a little bit. Listening to the same genre constantly sounds awful. Even if it isn't terribly different, I need to mix it up on occasion.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I used to be all about it. I still really love a lot of Metal bands but I've broadened out a little bit. Listening to the same genre constantly sounds awful. Even if it isn't terribly different, I need to mix it up on occasion.

so does every human ever
Quote by technicolour
so does every human ever

It makes me feel special and unique to say it like that though
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Metal is awesome, a lot of the fans are pretentious ****s though.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
Metal is awesome, a lot of the fans are pretentious ****s though.

You know what? That's what I came here to say.
- - - - - - - - - - -
There's really no other genre that gets me more pumped than metal. Only downside is that it hinders your ability to get some poon. Soon your dick will develop calluses like on your fingers from playing guitar, just because of the dark, grim, solitude.
Quote by Genrecore
There's really no other genre that gets me more pumped than metal. Only downside is that it hinders your ability to get some poon. Soon your dick will develop calluses like on your fingers from playing guitar, just because of the dark, grim, solitude.

No, I think that's mostly because of all Reddit social skills you got. Girls can't keep up.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
Music is awesome, a lot of the fans are pretentious ****s though.

This is what everyone really means when they say this shit.
Quote by Burgery
i hate people that think their opinion matters

So you hate absolutely everyone on UG?

You hate yourself?

You're so edgy and groundbreaking my god....

To the OP I don't hate metal, the amount of bands I listen to has significantly dropped because of the way metal is going but there are a few bands I still enjoy listening to.
Hardly any of my friends listen to metal at all TS so don't feel like you can't tell people you don't like it.

And to be quite honest metal is the main genre people on UG mock for one reason or another, at the end of the day it does have some of the worst music and worst fans of any music genre,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
the fans are pretty cringey, but what I've realized quite recently is that they're no more pretentious or annoying as some fans of any other genre.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
The music sucks and is super cringey. Same goes for the fans.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Metal is teh ghey

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If Mozart was alive today he'd be in a metal band. Something to think about.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by captainsnazz
basically everyone on this forum

Not everyone

Quote by soundgarden1986
youd be flamed if it was the pit circa 2009 but this place is leagues less stupid now

The metal forum,and oh **** you and rotate on this
Page 1 of 5