Good afternoon

I just got this bass after I trade it with my old guitar that I bought with starter package I always wanted to get a bass as a side project take arest from acoustic and electric guitars and as I expected it was fun to play but one of the pick ups is not 100 % working (2 top strings) and I have to change it I know nothing about bass pick ups so any recommendations ? With reasonable price

A Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder is the route most people take. Depending on how big the route is and how much you hate soldering, the EMG P4 is also a good option.

It might just be the picture quality but that fretboard looks in need of some TLC.
Quote by Spaz91
A Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder is the route most people take. Depending on how big the route is and how much you hate soldering, the EMG P4 is also a good option.

It might just be the picture quality but that fretboard looks in need of some TLC.

Nope not the quality of the pic

You are right the fretbord needs cleaning new strings also im doing all of that when im going to change the pick ups and thaks for the suggestions
You sure the wiring is okay? Not often a pickup itself breaks.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
You sure the wiring is okay? Not often a pickup itself breaks.

Thats what the owner told me
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
Thats what the owner told me

Hmm okeys, well you should check it out, costs nothing. Unless you already dislike it sound then change it.

I went out to get a bass for myself, and thought a cheap bass would suffice since I'm a relative beginner on it. Well I was wrong.. I hated the sound.

I have not much experience with bass pups, so couldn't help you there..

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Hmm okeys, well you should check it out, costs nothing. Unless you already dislike it sound then change it.

I went out to get a bass for myself, and thought a cheap bass would suffice since I'm a relative beginner on it. Well I was wrong.. I hated the sound.

I have not much experience with bass pups, so couldn't help you there..

I guess I can give it to my friend to check it maybe its the wiring after all

And the sound is ok it will do the job
Check the pickup height as well, the smaller strings usually need to be closer than the lower ones, because they have less mass they are harder for the pickup to "hear."
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
I guess I can give it to my friend to check it maybe its the wiring after all

And the sound is ok it will do the job

It is almost certainly the wiring. As someone has already said, pickups simply do not "break." This is because there is really nothing to break: you have a magnet, wire wrapped around a coil, and polepieces. That's it. About the only way for a pickup to "break" is if it somehow becomes demagnetized, which usually requires exposure to a very powerful magnet. This has happened, but very, very rarely.

You probably have a loose or disconnected wire - either at the pots or the jack. Thirty seconds with a soldering iron should fix the problem.

If all of the wires are well connected, check the spring contact tip of your instrument's output jack. Sometimes, a cheap cord will have non-standard 1/4" jacks and they can actually bend that spring tip. The result is that it no longer makes contact with the tip of the cable - which means no signal.

It is probably an easy fix, either way.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley