Hello all, was just wondering why so many of the GuitarPro files have been removed. Logic says it's a copyright thing, but UG's Tab Pro's are still there, so that can't be it. I also noticed all the songs advertised on the Tab Pro banner on the front page all have GuitarPro files missing, so I'm thinking UG is taking them down so there is no competition for theirs? Hope there is an actual legit reason for all of this... Anyone have an idea? Thanks.
This guitar you speak of intrigues me, please indulge my curiosity.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
This is a kitchen ad forum, not a guitar forum.

I'll let it slide for now, but any other time I would report.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Silence! you are not allowed to reflect on such things citizen!

Tbh I think you're seeing a conspiracy that doesn't exist UG essentially exists because of its users. If they were to start taking down tabs for their own gain, people would turn to a new site rather quickly!
Also the guitar tabs Pro or something (haven't checked it out for ages) are they paid tabs?

If so, it seems pretty obvious they might have made a deal with the appointed rights holder to share on income.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I see them towards the bottom of the listing now, as opposed to the top where they used to be.
Quote by zappp
please provide links to the tabs you mention

MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by jahydin
Logic says it's a copyright thing

Big mistake. You never use logic when dealing with copyright, only lawyers and yelling.
First, sorry for posting in the wrong place. I've been a fan of UG for years but have never been to the forum section. For those who have responded back with thoughtful answers despite my mistake, thank you. Some examples of the tabs I'm speaking of:

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Weezer - Say it ain't so

Really, if you go to the main page, anything listed on the Tab Pro Banner is missing all Guitar Pro files. I'm all for UG promoting Tab Pro, but if they are really taking down fan material just to force it on us I don't think it's right. I saw the amount of traffic this particular forum got and decided to bring it up here. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but it seems pretty convenient the only songs missing Guitar Pro Tabs are the ones that have Tab Pro.

So you know my opinion, what's yours? Since it's their site do you think it's okay? Really curious what everyone has to say.

Thanks again.
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/i/iron_maiden/fear_of_the_dark_guitar_pro.htm

The **** are you talking about, TS? There are GP tabs for literally all of the songs you mentioned.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Last edited by Atomic_Assault at Mar 22, 2014,
Quote by JackalUK
I see them towards the bottom of the listing now, as opposed to the top where they used to be.

This is probably your problem. Look for the download button.
The link is there, but when you go to down load them towards the bottom (after the working Tab Pro example) it says "This tab has been removed at the request of the publisher". Burzum is freaking awesome btw!
Quote by jahydin
The link is there, but when you go to down load them towards the bottom (after the working Tab Pro example) it says "This tab has been removed at the request of the publisher". Burzum is freaking awesome btw!

Yeah, there are some of those. But it's weird that in those cases the Tab Pro still works because as far as I know, UG staff basically converted already existing tabs made by users, into their own little format to make money. Give us a link to a specific tab that's like that?
It does seem like tab pro files are just copies of guitar pro tabs done by users, but I've never seen UG remove the guitar pro files for any tab I've searched
Quote by jahydin

I managed to dl all the ones I tried

^ Not sure whether you meant to imply that the Nothing Else Matters tab wasn't working (in a post football at the pub drunken stupor, here - and I'm slow at the best of times), but I managed to open it okay.
THE AXEMAN!!

From here it shows as removed at the request of the publisher.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Huh. That's odd - I can definitely still download and open the tab.

Looking at the comments, it seems a few people have the same problem, while others don't. How weird.
THE AXEMAN!!

Quote by jahydin
First, sorry for posting in the wrong place. I've been a fan of UG for years but have never been to the forum section. For those who have responded back with thoughtful answers despite my mistake, thank you. Some examples of the tabs I'm speaking of:

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Weezer - Say it ain't so

Really, if you go to the main page, anything listed on the Tab Pro Banner is missing all Guitar Pro files. I'm all for UG promoting Tab Pro, but if they are really taking down fan material just to force it on us I don't think it's right. I saw the amount of traffic this particular forum got and decided to bring it up here. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but it seems pretty convenient the only songs missing Guitar Pro Tabs are the ones that have Tab Pro.

So you know my opinion, what's yours? Since it's their site do you think it's okay? Really curious what everyone has to say.

Thanks again.

We are looking into this now. Thanks for reporting.
FYI publishers request us to to remove songs not just on song but on GEO basis as well and there is not much we can do about that.