I've been posting a lot of my strange dreams in the Chat Thread and I've noticed some other people have been doing the same. So I thought I'd make a dedicated thread.

So, share your dreams in this thread.

I had a really bizarre one last night but it was a bit long so I'll post it later, when I can be bothered to type it all up.
I was successful.

Then I woke up. And I wasn't
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Thanks to our favorite eggHam, I dream in Golden Sun now. no word of a lie, all my dreams in the past week have been from the perspective that I'm playing GS. It's a bit weird, because they're all normal scenarios like hanging out with friends and family nd such. Just, as if my life were the game and I (the viewer) were playing it.
mate, this one time, I like had a dream

It was wicked oi
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I remember mutliple dreams every night (everyone has 4-5 dreams a night, but they don't remember them. I've always been able to remember them, and sometimes, not often, control my dreams). They are usually very strange, very clear and vivid, progress completely and naturally like a story, and when they start they are in the middle.

One of my dreams last night, I was walking through the city with a weird looking creature, we were looking for something, I don't know what it was we were looking for.

Another one from last night, I was sitting in a small boat with an old black guy in the swamp, and we were fishing for an eel. We caught the eel and brought it back to a barbecue on the beach.

The last one I remember from last night, I was in a forest with a girl I know, and we saw a weird creature across a river. It had a diamond in its mouth, and we decided to go get the diamond. We jumped in the water, and the dream ended (or I don't remember what happened next).
Last edited by macashmack at Mar 21, 2014,
Last night I had a dream that I slept at 4 am and attempted to wake up for an 8 am class at 6 but woke up at 10 instead. the weird thing is that this actually happened except I woke up at 10:30 not 10.

The night before that I had a dream where I was on a normal shopping trip and suddenly a nameless store popped up and all the price tags said $0 so I paid 2 people loitering outside to carry everything out and put it in a truck and drive it back home for me. It was wonderful
cat
Quote by macashmack
I remember mutliple dreams every night (everyone has 4-5 dreams a night, but they don't remember them. I've always been able to remember them, and sometimes, not often, control my dreams).
I don't usually remember them, but now for a few months I don't have to wake up early in the morning, so I wake up naturally as opposed to having an alarm clock and I find I remember more of my dreams.

Quote by guitarxo
The night before that I had a dream where I was on a normal shopping trip and suddenly a nameless store popped up and all the price tags said $0 so I paid 2 people loitering outside to carry everything out and put it in a truck and drive it back home for me. It was wonderful
Must have been disappointing when you woke up though...
I had a dream I was king woke up still king
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
i had a dream that the swollen inner flesh of my left eye was actually filled with a ton of bugs and shit. i touched it to wipe away some blood and my eye turned into ceramic and cracked open. a ton of insects all poured out from the inside of my head. then, for the rest of the dream, every time i touched another part of my body, the same thing happened
Quote by sickman411

Must have been disappointing when you woke up though...

It really was. I could smell the leather of the bags and the perfume they spray in the mall in my dream and I woke up to nothing
cat
A nightmare I had once.

It was the middle of the night and I was in a dark, swampy forest filled with wisps of fog. I realized my Dad was there and decided to follow him. Eventually he arrived at a castle peppered with pulsating watermelons protruding from it's surface. I followed him inside and saw him enter a pagoda in the center of the castle. In the center of the pagoda was a pedestal with an open book placed on it. He picked up a pen and started writing in the book. I realized he was doing his taxes. He looked up and saw I had followed him and told me "Whatever you do, don't touch the watermelons." I said "OK" and began to look around. Turns out their isn't a lot to do in castle where fill out your taxes in a pagoda. Eventually I found myself standing in front of a pulsating watermelon. I looked around to make sure Dad wan't watching and extended my arm. I touched the watermelon. The pulsating watermelon. I was immediately sucked inside. Then I woke up.

I have a bunch more I might post later.
Quote by macashmack
I remember mutliple dreams every night (everyone has 4-5 dreams a night, but they don't remember them. I've always been able to remember them, and sometimes, not often, control my dreams). They are usually very strange, very clear and vivid, progress completely and naturally like a story, and when they start they are in the middle.

I'm similar, except that I can't really control what happens. But I've always had really vivid dreams, usually about mundane things, but in incredibly odd circumstances.

Writing my dreams down in as much detail as I could really helped my ability to recall what happened.
I didn't dream last night that I remember, but the night before I had a dream where I obtained a fistful of pills, benzos and amhetamines, and I was so happy I'd be medicated for the next month, then I woke up and I haven't had my medication for a little over a month.

I was kinda pissy for a few hours after waking up. I've been sober for a little over a month, no alcohol or anything, and I keep dreaming about getting drunk or popping pills.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 21, 2014,
Ok, so here goes my last one, as well as I can remember (it's a huge wall of text; the TL;DR has 3 paragraphs):
I think I was coming back from the dentist and I took a bus to where my car was parked (idk why I didn't take the car all the way there). But as it was going down a steep ramp (my car was parked on said ramp) it went out of control and crashed.

Then I don't really know what happened to the bus but I found myself at a nice plaza-like thing with a garden and a café and a large building. So I went near the building and a woman approached me. She was a member of some organisation that owned the building and asked if I wanted to check out their building and join them. I said sure, why not; I went inside with her and she showed me around a bit.

I was supposed to start living there as a member of the organisation and I was shown the room where I'd be staying. I think 4 people stayed in each room and the rooms were pretty small. The rooms, and the building in general, had mostly grey walls and floor but there was a lot of sunlight everywhere.

Then I realised it was some sort of secret evil society and I was actually being kept in captivity and "trained" to become one of them. The woman who took me inside in the beginning was responsible for me within the organisation and she was my guide throughout the whole thing. She basically controlled where I was and where I went and went to my room to take me to formation events (brainwashing sessions). I don't remember any of these sessions being in the dream but it was sort of implied that I attended them.

Eventually I went back to my room after one of these and Justin Beiber was there. A younger Justin Beiber, though, not current Justin Beiber. I remember thinking "Ugh, it's that annoying idiot Beiber again, always showing up in other people's rooms..."

So then someone called me and told me to hurry up because my guide needed help carrying some new members upstairs. I got out of the room and she was carrying a guy and a girl but she was carrying them all vertically: the guy was standing on her hands and the girl was standing on the guy's head.

She was angry at me for not having helped her sooner and then she lost her balance and dropped the girl, but carried on walking with the guy in her hands.

The girl fell down the stairs and I ran after her to see if I could stop her from falling but I couldn't. I approached her when she got to the bottom of the stairs and I started carrying her like I was supposed to. Then, since there was no one around, I told her that I knew she was being kept captive and that I wanted to escape too and I was trying to figure out a plan.

But after I got upstairs and dropped her, she grinned and just walked away. She was one of them, undercover. So some of the guys just took me somewhere else to torture me. One of them produced a huge rusty stapler.

Then I realised it was a dream and I tried to wake up. And I woke up!

... in the dream. I woke up in some unfamiliar room somewhere, but I left the room and found myself in the plaza, just outside the building. I walked away from the building, towards my car. In the café, some waiters were cleaning tables and there was also a bunch of random naked people lying on the floor in a sort of plateau above the café, sunbathing.

I got to my car and went to some restaurant where some friends of mine were. There were about 100 people there and the waiter brought us all a bowl with chips and a glass of ice tea. There were two girls I didn't know sitting in front of me who I was getting along with pretty well but they left because one of them thought she was pregnant (wtf).

Then they brought another round of chips and ice tea and I got angry at a friend who started eating the chips really fast, but then someone brought to my attention that everyone had their individual bowl of chips, because I thought there was a bowl for every 4 or 5 people. But I was still angry at him for some reason.

And then I woke up.

TL;DR:
My bus crashed into a sort of plaza with a large building. A woman offered to show me the building. I accepted but, unbeknownst to me, I was lured into an evil secret organisation where I was kept in captivity.

I told a girl who had just been "admitted" (imprisoned) that I was going to try to escape but she was one of the evil society members undercover. I was going to be tortured but I realised it was a dream so I tried to wake up but instead of actually waking up, I woke up in the dream.

But then I was free anyway, so I went to a restaurant and had some chips and ice tea with a load of people.

Also, there was a Justin Beiber cameo.
Last edited by sickman411 at Mar 21, 2014,
Quote by Bazz22
I'm similar, except that I can't really control what happens. But I've always had really vivid dreams, usually about mundane things, but in incredibly odd circumstances.

Writing my dreams down in as much detail as I could really helped my ability to recall what happened.

Yea I've been doing this for about 10 years
i've been having really weird dreams again

the last one i can recall was me and my best friend going to a park, like a kids park, and messing about. There was this giant sink thing filled with sweets that you could just take and stuff into bags or whatever, so I take like 2 paper bags worth and start eating them, then this old guy had a go at me so we went off somewhere, i cant remember where but i do remember my teeth starting to come loose and falling out...

I get the teeth falling out one a lot though, its kinda scary and is to do with anxiety apparently. Which would make sense lol
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I usually have really wild surreal adventure type dreams when not able to be aware that I'm dreaming. When I become aware I am dreaming (seemingly most frequently when I first fall asleep) I sort of lift up and fly around. I can kind of control it but I feel very unwieldy. It takes nuance to get where I want to go. If I drift I usually end up being taken a certain way, sometimes I just spin around and bump into things however. I can go through objects sometimes. I try to do this as much as possible.
Awesome idea for a thread.

Is anyone here familiar with the works of either Sigmund Freud or Carl Jung on dreams? (not that I'm an expert or anything, I just read some books)
It's really interesting.

And the sort of dream where you realise you are dreaming is called a lucid dream I think. I've had it a couple of times, but I could never quite control what I do within the dream. I tried flying once, but I pussied out when I saw the 100 foot drop of a building.
Quote by Baby Joel
Thanks to our favorite eggHam, I dream in Golden Sun now. no word of a lie, all my dreams in the past week have been from the perspective that I'm playing GS. It's a bit weird, because they're all normal scenarios like hanging out with friends and family nd such. Just, as if my life were the game and I (the viewer) were playing it.

Wow what a weirdo!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by mickel_w
And the sort of dream where you realise you are dreaming is called a lucid dream I think. I've had it a couple of times, but I could never quite control what I do within the dream. I tried flying once, but I pussied out when I saw the 100 foot drop of a building.

Yea lucid dreams are cool. You can train yourself to have them, it's not hard and it doesn't take too long (a few months, maybe a year, in the context of your life it's nothing).
One night I dreamt that I was on top of this immensely tall and steep hill. It was also treeless.

At the foot, there was a big river flowing, crystal clear. Even from that height, I could see giant catfish swimming with the current along its floor. The sky was orange, with purple and cyan and red planets and moons visible in all directions.

It was very Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-esque. One of the coolest dreams I've ever had. It's also the single most vivid dream I've ever had, and that's why I remember it so well.

And when I was younger, I used to have a recurring nightmare. In the dream, I'd wake up in the middle of the night and walk out to the porch on the back of our house. There'd be a ladder, right in the middle, leading up into the open ceiling. I'd climb the ladder, and when I would reach the last or maybe second to last rung, this hand would shoot out, grab me, and pull me into the darkness.

And then I'd wake up.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was a child of a giant owl coming into my room from my huge window and taking me away. I would always wake up just as the giant owl grabbed my body with its huge talons.

Suprisingly those nightmares havent scarred me as now I think owls are amazing creatures
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Bladez22
I get the teeth falling out one a lot though, its kinda scary and is to do with anxiety apparently. Which would make sense lol

Apparently it's the most common dream there is. I never had it though.

And since we're talking about recurring dreams, I used to have one where I approached a perfectly square hole (about 3-4 m wide) in the ground and then fell through it. It actually had different backgrounds each time. And I woke up immediately when I started falling because I felt the bed under me so I realised I couldn't be falling and I guess the conflicting stimuli made me wake up.

Also, I just remembered a little segment of a dream I had the other day, where I got naked for some reason and some girl who was there was all like "wtf you got naked" and I was all like "lol deal with it m8"