Thinking of purchasing a Fender Mustang iii tomorrow has anyone had any experience using one? Hoping there loud enough to compete with a drummer.
It should be.
It's nice if you want versatility in the mostly clean area.

Though maybe there's something better for what you want to do.
So, if you're willing to look at something else too, what's your budget, where you are, what will you be playing, and are you willing to buy used stuff?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Definitively will be loud and versatile enough, cleans, crunch and even good overdrives ahoy! xD, you just have to sit down and work on dialing them in, but definitively you can get some very good results out of it, if you get it and you feel anything about the drive tones just start tweaking them, there's way too many possibilities of tone on it.

Of course, if you want, look at other easier to use amps that will give you great tones aswell, some good deals waiting on the used market for that budget, but dont think that getting good tones out of a Mustang is impossible or hard, just not instant dialing in, work on it and it will deliver
ESP LTD MH-100QM STB with Suhr SSV-N & SSH-B
Phil Pro MS-20
Vox V845 Classic Wah
Fender Mustang IV V.2
Fender Mustang I
Quote by Spambot_2
It should be.
It's nice if you want versatility in the mostly clean area.

Though maybe there's something better for what you want to do.
So, if you're willing to look at something else too, what's your budget, where you are, what will you be playing, and are you willing to buy used stuff?

ive been through this over a dozen times and the amp i choose was the fender mustang just seeing what other people though of it.
Quote by the_b1ues
ive been through this over a dozen times and the amp i choose was the fender mustang just seeing what other people though of it.
Well you know the deal with people, they tend to have different tastes...
Anyway if you're not gonna even try anything else, that's up to you.

Then again, if you don't play heavy stuff it's most likely gonna do the job you want it to do.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Well you know the deal with people, they tend to have different tastes...
Anyway if you're not gonna even try anything else, that's up to you.

Then again, if you don't play heavy stuff it's most likely gonna do the job you want it to do.

i have seen demos of it and it sees to play heavy stuff fine.
Yeah, a demo.
With youtube or similar audio quality, a different guitar with different pickups, passed through some post fx processors and mixed in a song.

You know, trying stuff and hearing with your ears what comes out of the speakers usually gets you a better idea of how you actually like the thing.
And have you even ever tried an amp made to do metal?
They usually sound better than that if ya ask me.
Or everyone else here for that matter...

So, well, that's my opinion.
If you wanna hear opinions on what other amps may be worth a look, post the info I stated in my first post here.
If you don't, well have fun with your soon to be new amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm a real novice player. Bought the latest version Mustang II and Mustang III for my son and I 3 months ago.

We've been very impressed with them. So many presets available at the turn of a knob. I've yet to try going online to do any custom sounds.

I'm very pleased thus far. Also, the volume on the Mustang III is much greater than I'd first thought. It's as loud as I need an amp to be at the stage I'm at right now. Not sure about it working with a drummer, though.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Quote by DubfromGA
I'm a real novice player. Bought the latest version Mustang II and Mustang III for my son and I 3 months ago.

We've been very impressed with them. So many presets available at the turn of a knob. I've yet to try going online to do any custom sounds.

I'm very pleased thus far. Also, the volume on the Mustang III is much greater than I'd first thought. It's as loud as I need an amp to be at the stage I'm at right now. Not sure about it working with a drummer, though.

Thanks this is what i was asking for opinions of people who have played them.