so i've been playing this lick and the notes don't stop overlapping and they sound awful.i've tried slowing it down and finding the solution but it just doesn't work. help me. :\
it's a lick in the solo of the sound of truth by as i lay dying.
E-X x x x x
A-13 p 10 13
D-x x x 12 x
G-x x x x x
B-x x x x x
E-x x x x x
the notes at the 10 and 12 frets always overlap.help me.don't know how to mute it too.
another problem i have in the solo is the long run which consists of only hammer ons and pull off, my notes just start dying as i reach the end of that run.
help me guys.Thanks
ohhh,i forgot its a repititive lick so the problems reall gets magnified .
Quote by rohanR21
so i've been playing this lick and the notes don't stop overlapping and they sound awful.i've tried slowing it down and finding the solution but it just doesn't work. help me. :\
it's a lick in the solo of the sound of truth by as i lay dying.
E-X x x x x
A-13 p 10 13
D-x x x 12 x
G-x x x x x
B-x x x x x
E-x x x x x
the notes at the 10 and 12 frets always overlap.help me.don't know how to mute it too.
another problem i have in the solo is the long run which consists of only hammer ons and pull off, my notes just start dying as i reach the end of that run.
help me guys.Thanks

Try putting your finger on the D string slightly flat so it "chokes" the A string.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
you should mute the note that should not be heard anymore by slightly releasing the pressure of the finger, so that the finger still lies on the string - and mutes it. If you still have problems with harmonics ringing even if the finger lays on the string (this is very likely to happen because you have your finger on 12th fret), you should mute it with the palm of your right hand (that's what most people do), or with thumb of your right hand. I use both.
Take a look at this:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/the_ultimate_guide_to_guitar_chapter_ii_6_technique_-_muting.html
Be careful not to get tension in your wrist when trying to mute excess string noise.
I can play the solo in sound of truth but im not sure what this lick is that you speak of... Did you get the string names correct? link us a video of it and the time it comes in. Is it the second last lick just before the tapping?
hahahahahahaj... i screwed up the string names. i should make a note to myself not to make threads in such a hurry. yup man. the lick just before the tapping. and also the opening pull offf/ hammer on lick. how do you play both of em?