If you created a tone on POD FARM, is it possible to transfer it to a POD HD Rack mount or POD HD 500X floor board? (Or vice versa) Im asking because I feel it would be much easier to create a tone in a full GUI then the tiny displays on the HD/HD 500X, but I wasnt sure if it was possible.
Noooope, and I'll tell you why right now.

Because they're completely 2 different things. POD FARM is a software version of the POD XT which was the previous generation PODs.

POD HD is the new generation.

Why is this relevant? Well because the HD series was completely rewritten in it's code and modeling, making it absolutely different from POD Farm/XT.
The HD and Farm have completely different amps and modeling system between eachother.

It's like trying to make a windows run a commodore 64 file. You can't do it (disregarding emulators)
Oh, :L
Ive just seen so many great tones come out of the HD (Rack Mount), but I would love to be able to use them in a mobile setup
Just get a 500 and a bag for it, throw it on your shoulder like a laptop. Mobile.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The HD floorboards at least and I'd assume the rack mount as well have their own GUI software you can use to edit your tones, I have never used the board itself to change settings except volume and EQ and it has dials for those
Hrm, Just realized that the POD HD PRO X rack mount also works as an interface (and I assume the others do too), so that means you could easily use POD FARM whilst also using one of the POD HD's.

And, yes, they do all have GUI software, research for more than a few minutes helped me figure out alot of this.
Quote by Masoo2
If you created a tone on POD FARM, is it possible to transfer it to a POD HD Rack mount or POD HD 500X floor board? (Or vice versa) Im asking because I feel it would be much easier to create a tone in a full GUI then the tiny displays on the HD/HD 500X, but I wasnt sure if it was possible.

There's editing software available for all the Pod products, so you can build a tone and then transfer it to the HD series and try it out.

Honestly the Pod HD "bean" is often overlooked, and that's a mistake.

It has all the electronics of the rack (with the exception of an I/O or two and the Variax input), but is MUCH less expensive, lightweight and much easier to carry around. There's a mount for it that will angle it on your desk OR mount the "bean" on a mike stand:

I've done orchestra pit theater gigs in tight quarters, and the bean on a mike stand right next to the music stand is outstanding, bringing the display right to eye level. You usually don't need the full complement of switches that a shortboard offers, so I often bring it and an FBV Express floorboard with me (four bank switches, a tuner display, an expression pedal, tap tempo settings, etc.). The Pod "bean" will fit in the accessory pocket on some gig bags. If you're running directly to a mixer and out to the FOH system, you don't need any other rig.