Hello!

I want to refinish one of my guitars with something similar to a newspaper finish.
Basically I will cover it with with paper and glue them into the body.

I just wanna know what is the recommended glue.
Also, will this work for the last part of the refinish?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Finishes_and_solvents/ColorTone_Aerosol_Guitar_Lacquer.html

Thanks
Sorry if my english is wrong .
Ibanez S420
Carvin V3M
Carvin 112 cab in White
Quote by YamiFrankc
Hello!

I want to refinish one of my guitars with something similar to a newspaper finish.
Basically I will cover it with with paper and glue them into the body.

I just wanna know what is the recommended glue.
Also, will this work for the last part of the refinish?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Finishes_and_solvents/ColorTone_Aerosol_Guitar_Lacquer.html

Thanks

Titebond. Read this: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/mat.htm

That clearcoat will work. Good Luck!

Thanks Ippon! When I tried going to projectguitar I noticed it is all different from before, but you have a good link to it

The guitar is bare mahogany, it came from warmoth some days ago.
I will not use newspaper exactly... I made the graphics I wanted on a pdf and sent it to print at Stapples, they used some paer that is a little bit ticker than the normal paper used for printing text, newspaper or the one in notebooks. Do you think it could work?

Seeing that tutorial I think I could make the template into a big tick paper, glue my artwork there and then continue the tutorial as if i was using fabric too.

Good idea or nay?
Ibanez S420
Carvin V3M
Carvin 112 cab in White
Quote by YamiFrankc
Thanks Ippon! When I tried going to projectguitar I noticed it is all different from before, but you have a good link to it

The guitar is bare mahogany, it came from warmoth some days ago.
I will not use newspaper exactly... I made the graphics I wanted on a pdf and sent it to print at Stapples, they used some paer that is a little bit ticker than the normal paper used for printing text, newspaper or the one in notebooks. Do you think it could work?

Seeing that tutorial I think I could make the template into a big tick paper, glue my artwork there and then continue the tutorial as if i was using fabric too.

Good idea or nay?

Just make sure to be very careful about the creases, tougher with paper than fabric. Patience is key. Good Luck and post your work/pics here!

Hydrographics are good if you have a setup for them, although expensive if you get someone else to dip it.

I've been building archery bows for a few years and we glue fabric, paper, and bark to bows. I don't think titebond would be good for newspaper because it will change the color and wrinkle. I'm not sure what it's called in other industries but I use "Massey finish" which is a tube of 2 part epoxy dissolved in acetone. Mix it up to get the consistency you want and wipe it on the guitar and back side of the paper. Then use it again for the clear coat.
Hello!

I have been doing tests on scrap wood and the titebond does give a yellowish tint after some hours, however, that is not always the case.

The hydro graphics looks very cool, but its not what im going after for this guitar...
I will look into the massey finish.

Thanks
Ibanez S420
Carvin V3M
Carvin 112 cab in White