Hello, so i dont know much about pickups. I want this kind of 90's skatepunk sound like, No Use For A Name, Lagwagon, blink-182 (Dide Ranch era), pennywise etc etc. What kind of humbuckers should i buy for my guitar to get that sound?. I play on a Orange Crush 35 LDX amp.

I am very grateful if anyone has a good answer
what guitar are you putting them in?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
You might want to play with your rig before doing anything drastic to your guitar. Get a good dirtbox. Most of the punk/skater/ska scene guys have a old beater guitar going into a simple solid state amp and a hi gain distortion pedal for their tone. Lots of highs and mids. Hate to say it but the Orange is almost too rich for that haha.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
What you really need is a new amp.

No, seriously, it may help.
For punk your amp isn't even bad so you may consider getting a distortion pedal as suggested, it'll probably help you more than pickups, though a good distortion pedal plus a nice new amp will do punk just fine with more or less whatever guitar.

What's your guitar anyway?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
New pickups won't matter through that amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Right now iam am using a Harley Benton Es, and it isnt that good. I have had it for three years and now i want to get a Fender Blacktop. So i guess i should plan my gear for that guitar then? My sound right now is okey but it is a little to "crunchy" for my style.
Quote by Spambot_2
What you really need is a new amp.

No, seriously, it may help.
For punk your amp isn't even bad so you may consider getting a distortion pedal as suggested, it'll probably help you more than pickups, though a good distortion pedal plus a nice new amp will do punk just fine with more or less whatever guitar.

What's your guitar anyway?

What kind of amp should i get?, i really like the sound of mesa boggie but they cost a fortune...
A used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 combo will do that music just fine. The newer Marshall DSL40c is worth a look also. I grew-up listening to skate/surf punk in the 90's. Those guys were mostly using Marshall,Mesa and Peavey amps, and they were not SS they were tube amps.

Get Fat Wreck chords Survival of the fattest comp CD, the best compilation ever
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A vypyr tube 60, a DSL401, a tiny terror...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Blink 182 are local boys. Here is a look at Tom's rig. He uses a pretty wide variety of stuff so just pick a decent tube amp, put a dirt pedal in front, use the bridge pickup and wail. I'd probably go for a Tiny Terror or Vox AC 15 with an OCD or Fulltone pedal but lots of choices.

http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/422-tom-delonge-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Robbgnarly
A used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 combo will do that music just fine. The newer Marshall DSL40c is worth a look also. I grew-up listening to skate/surf punk in the 90's. Those guys were mostly using Marshall,Mesa and Peavey amps, and they were not SS they were tube amps.

Get Fat Wreck chords Survival of the fattest comp CD, the best compilation ever

I checked out the DSL40c and igot interested in it, do you know if the amp is good for gigs?
Quote by skatepunker98
I checked out the DSL40c and igot interested in it, do you know if the amp is good for gigs?

It should work just fine for gig's. You may find that eventually you want a bigger/thicker sound and that amp will allow you to add an extension cab like another 1x12 cab. It will even power a 4x12 cab just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate