Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and wanted ask a question about changing strings. I had my Jackson guitar setup recently and the guy put on new strings since he adjusted the truss rod, polished the frets, etc. He wrapped the strings around the left side of the posts for all but the B string, which he put on the right side of the post. Will that do anything as far as the guitar not staying in tune or does it not matter? I have changed strings before and had never put them on that way. I attached a photo and thanks for any help you can give me!
Attachments:
2014-03-22 17.56.29_320X240.jpg
Not just as straight string pull, so might not stay in tune just as well.

also looks weird

you might have to turn the tuning key the opposite way to tune up and down (which will get annoying and confusing).

bigger concern is if he didn't know how to restring properly, what business did he have doing a setup for you? that'd be my concern.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I thought the same thing and believe it or not, he builds his own guitars and they are for sell at a local music store. He setup my other guitar about a year ago and it was fine. Thanks for your help!
For the first three strings, with that headstock, it actually is better to wrap them the ''wrong'' way around. The strings will pass through the nut slightly straighter.

The last three definitely should come in on the right.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by scottinpa40
I thought the same thing and believe it or not, he builds his own guitars and they are for sell at a local music store. He setup my other guitar about a year ago and it was fine. Thanks for your help!

yeah i mean it could well be an honest mistake

or maybe as flibble says it's actually a better way and maybe i just don't get it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MrFlibble
For the first three strings, with that headstock, it actually is better to wrap them the ''wrong'' way around. The strings will pass through the nut slightly straighter.

Perhaps an unconventional way to string a guitar, but I think MrFibble is correct regarding the angle at the nut... much less likely to cause tuning problems.
Quote by MrFlibble

???

I'm not sure I follow. I've never seen it anything but clockwise on the posts on a Jackson headstock. It may be true that the three lowest strings will do slightly better (as in closer to a straight pull) if run counterclockwise, but since those are usually not bent as much, it's probably not a big deal. In any case, I've never seen ONE string run counterclockwise. I don't care if he builds his own guitars or not, I'm thinking that was simply a mistake.
You only have to look at the extreme angle of the strings on those Jackson headstocks to see why stringing three of the strings the 'wrong' way is actually a better idea.

Yes, there is no logic as to why he'd only do only one string like that, nobody is debating that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ Yeah I see what you mean now. Maybe even the first 4 strings (just looking at it) might benefit from being the "wrong" way round.

But as you said, the way he's done it is kind of random

And you have to remember to turn the tuning keys the wrong way to tune up and down (I have enough bother remembering the right way )

EDIT: It has just hit me now that that's a non-reverse headstock I could've sworn it was reverse when i first looked at that pic.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks to everyone that gave their input to this question! I think it was probably just a mistake. You guys are all great for taking the time to help!
I actually found several photos from Jackson guitar head stocks like mine and all of them have the strings wrapped from right to left (the reverse as how he put all of mine on except the B string) I'm stumped as to why he did this and might just take it to a local music shop next time! Again thanks for everyone's input and thank God for these forums!
Attachments:
jackson_guitars_kexmg_kelly_silver_burst_3.jpg
Ask him. I am guessing it was just brain fade but maybe he had a reason. I just can't imagine what that might be.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
that one you posted has a locking nut. straight string pull doesn't really matter when you have a locking nut.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?