So I've find myself playing my Ibanez ART-300 a lot more than my Hellraiser C-1. Most of the reason is the FR which I hate tuning and is half of the reason im selling it. I got it with the FR at the time because it was a good deal and the non FR version wasnt available. The second reason is the neck is pretty thick on it compared to my Ibanez. My hands arent little, but the neck is pretty fat IMO. Besides that, the guitar is good. Maybe a little too metal, but I guess I can always solve that with different pickups.

So I was looking at selling it to get the ESP LTD H-1001 since its design is pretty similar, but I've heard the neck is smaller. Anyone give me an idea of how much smaller the neck is? Havent been able to find one at a GC or George's Music to play with, so Im mostly going off of the internet here. Is it worth it, or should I just look at another guitar completely?
If you find yourself playing the ART-300 a lot, you should probably try to find something similar to that? Maybe an upgraded version of some sort? I totally love the AR420, not sure if it's close to the ART series. That guitar is totally "not metal-looking" but plays fantastic and sounds fantastic, no reason for pickup upgrade. Besides, pickup upgrading is useless if your amp isn't what you would like. I would recommend that guitar any day.
The LTD is not a bad guitar by any means, but I don't like the necks on them. I don't find them too different from Schecter and I like Schecter's neck more So there's that...
You could try the Schecter's SLS series, those should have slimmer bodies and necks if I recall correctly.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/blackjack-sls/blackjack-sls-c-1-p-2013-12-05-detail
Then there's also the Banshee series with slimmer neck
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/banshee/banshee-6-passive-2013-12-19-detail
PRS SE line is worth looking into as well, though the necks aren't from the thinnest and slimmest section.

However, this guitar is for another tuning and needs to be a bit more "metal" than your ART-300?

Remember, always check your local Craigslist or something like that, no reason to go for new unless you really want to. And used doesn't necessarily mean beaten the hell out of, it could mean in mint condition or "as new".
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Mar 22, 2014,
Quote by Sakke
If you find yourself playing the ART-300 a lot, you should probably try to find something similar to that? Maybe an upgraded version of some sort? I totally love the AR420, not sure if it's close to the ART series. That guitar is totally "not metal-looking" but plays fantastic and sounds fantastic, no reason for pickup upgrade. Besides, pickup upgrading is useless if your amp isn't what you would like. I would recommend that guitar any day.
The LTD is not a bad guitar by any means, but I don't like the necks on them. I don't find them too different from Schecter and I like Schecter's neck more So there's that...
You could try the Schecter's SLS series, those should have slimmer bodies and necks if I recall correctly.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/blackjack-sls/blackjack-sls-c-1-p-2013-12-05-detail
Then there's also the Banshee series with slimmer neck
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/banshee/banshee-6-passive-2013-12-19-detail
PRS SE line is worth looking into as well, though the necks aren't from the thinnest and slimmest section.

However, this guitar is for another tuning and needs to be a bit more "metal" than your ART-300?

Remember, always check your local Craigslist or something like that, no reason to go for new unless you really want to. And used doesn't necessarily mean beaten the hell out of, it could mean in mint condition or "as new".

Im using this guitar for pretty much anything. I maybe getting rid of my ART-300 if I can find a higher end guitar to replace it. I like the design of it, but my current Hellraiser beats it in sound, just not playability and comfort.