Been avoiding using wah wah pedals for way too long. Told myself I wasn't interested, but I think I just wasn't good at it. Have finally after many years gotten my rig and tone to be everything I want, but I still don't use wah.

Trying to force myself myself to work on it.

The only things I can really do are work the pedal to the beat of the song while soloing, or work the pedal in synch with what my right hand is doing.

I know it's just something I need to feel out, but I'm just not feeling it.

Any tips on how to master the wah?
Listen to "I'm a Ram" by Gov't Mule. That's tasteful wah right there. As much as I love Metallica, Kirk's wah technique is horrid to my ear.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Other problem I'm having is that having my foot on it and all my weight on my other foot, throws off my posture and balance so much. Really holds me back from playing at my best.
Just try to express yourself, do what feels right, keep it in small movements sometimes, not all the way up and down, hold the highs on the right notes etc..
Don't be afraid to lean on the wah so you're comfortable. If it's a Crybaby it can take abuse. Even if it's not, it's a pedal, it's meant to be stepped on.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yeah I know I'm overthinking it. Just need to feel it and express myself. It's just not coming natural.
I feel you. I have a dodgey left knee (old motorbike injury) and if I have to use a wah throughout an entire song, by the end of it I can hardly stand. I end up standing on the wah (I'm right footed) and rock it doing some acrobatic balancing act just to give my left knee a break.
Sorry, but short of sitting down while playing, you just gotta grin and bear it.

Experiment with different short sweeps in different position until you get a feel for it. With my Morley, I modded it so the sweep was how I like it. Pretty easy to do on a Morley because you just have to reposition an LED by bending it around a bit. But even without modding it, you have to get to know your wah; what it does where. It isn't just a simple matter of going from one extreme to the other, get to know your wah.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Great, helpful responses. Thanks. I got all day tomorrow to mess with it and a few weeks before the next gig. Id like to use it some then, but I'm not going to unless I've really got it sounding good.
Every wah does have a different personality. It's just a tool but it can add a lot of cool to your set if you use it effectively. My favorite Wah players: Jimi, SRV, Clapton (Cream), Santana. Jam along with your favorite players and see if you can dissect what they are doing.

Clue: Use wah sparingly, maybe only 1 song per set or a few times per night as a special effect. Overexposure to wah causes brain damage.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY