I am a beginner, and I was thinking of trying out barre chords today, but I heard that they can cause a life ending brain aneurysm. Is there something I can do to prevent this? I'm sure it's fine because lots of people play the guitar and are fine, but I don't want a life ending brain aneurysm.
TS pls stay safe
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
It took me 5 years of intense training with the Shaolin monks before I could even dare try a barre chord.... basically you wanna be a huge badass to do it without consequences.

P.S.: not sure if TS is troll or naive
Quote by Navi_96
It took me 5 years of intense training with the Shaolin monks before I could even dare try a barre chord.... basically you wanna be a huge badass to do it without consequences.

I lol'd
Yeah pretty much most guitar players quit when it comes to playing barre chords or they just continue to only learn songs with open chords. Same thing applies to learning songs with 16th note strumming patterns doing all of this is hard when first learning them, but with enough practice you can pull it off IMO I think (E shape) Barre chords are the easiest out of barre chords the (A shape) Barre chords is where I was really having trouble with barring with 2 fingers is hard as **** dude..
Quote by Black_devils
Yeah pretty much most guitar players quit when it comes to playing barre chords or they just continue to only learn songs with open chords. Same thing applies to learning songs with 16th note strumming patterns doing all of this is hard when first learning them, but with enough practice you can pull it off IMO I think (E shape) Barre chords are the easiest out of barre chords the (A shape) Barre chords is where I was really having trouble with barring with 2 fingers is hard as **** dude..

Except none of that is HARD. It seems hard, before you practice and build up muscle strength. But when it gets down to it, barre chords are very basic, technique-wise.
Quote by Black_devils

Actually I've only recently learned that the 2-finger bar was that common. I don't really know why, it's harder and you can't play on the high E string.