https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/backing-track-rip-off

So I ripped off a backing track from Vito Astone's YouTube page and just did some noodling...some of it is pretty coherent. Tried my best Reb Beach impression on some spots but it just came off sounding like a drunken Zakk Wylde enjoy.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
You got great skills, man! I hear the Zakk Wylde influence in you, and it's really cool. Great vibrato, and some great bends. What you(and Zakk Wylde for that matter) can continue to work on is coherence in the solo(not that it wasn't coherent, but it could be more so). All in all, nice work! You're a great player! Let me know when you upload something else, always a joy to listen to great players.
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
I like your guitar tone.

Your playing's great; you're good at changing the feel of the solo at different sections to make the solo stay interesting. I'd probably use less pinch harmonics; that's really the only complaint I have.

C4C? Links are in my sig,
I always get weary when I see shred but as the dude above me said you keep it interesting by injecting different little creative parts. You seem to have some pretty good techs and skills down but yeah post some more stuff as I enjoyed that. /maddyRe
Last edited by mattjamesrenn at Mar 25, 2014,