I find it a little annoying
14 20%
Indifferent
15 21%
I actually like it. This blatant violation of my privacy makes me hard
20 28%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else find these messages annoying? I mean, like for real you don't have to broadcast everything I'm doing to the other person.
ggg1 ggg3

Yea I hate it because then they know when I'm typing and if I stop then they know I stopped typing
incredibly lame and stupid
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
i like the fact that i can see that they saw the message, because then i can bitch them out for not answering questions i needed answered
I don't really care anymore since I don't message people that much on fb anymore. But when I did I thought it was aight. Although sometimes it puts the pressure on you.
Quote by bradulator
I'm not 13 so I don't use chatrooms
You don't message your friends on skype?
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by bradulator
I'm not 13 so I don't use chatrooms

Then how did you know what OP was about? Murrrrrrrr?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by behind_you

lol people still skype?
Quote by chev311e
lol people still skype?
hey man skype's still cool dont be like that man
ggg1 ggg3

I turned all that off on my iphone messages. so yeah, i dont like it.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
sometimes it's nice if you're having a long discussion over gtalk and you don't want to cut them off before they've finished making a point
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
sometimes it's nice if you're having a long discussion over gtalk and you don't want to cut them off before they've finished making a point
But it sometimes leads to that awkward moment where you're both typing and you both see that the other person is typing so you stop typing and they also stop typing then you both see that the other person stopped typing so you start typing and they start typing and ad infinitum
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you

No cuz my friends are in real life
Skype is the only thing I use that does this, and it's totally fine since it's just typing. It's just as easy to do it in invisible mode and read your messages if you really don't want it broadcasted.

Quote by behind_you
But it sometimes leads to that awkward moment where you're both typing and you both see that the other person is typing so you stop typing and they also stop typing then you both see that the other person stopped typing so you start typing and they start typing and ad infinitum

When beta met the internet.
the typing thing is nice.

i don't send read receipts though.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Hate it so much. I work lots of long shifts and I like to check my messages on the way to the bathroom, which leaves me enough time to read but not respond. Then I read messages at the end shift with people busting my balls because I saw the message ____ hours ago and haven't responded yet. Easily the stupidest thing ever.

A way around it though if you're on a computer is to click on the inbox but not the actual conversation with the person and you can read first line or two if you don't want to respond right away.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
o god that used to kill me back in the days of msn relationships

Quote by soundgarden1986
i like the fact that i can see that they saw the message, because then i can bitch them out for not answering questions i needed answered

I didn't like that people could see if I saw their message, until a figured out a way around it that works most of the time (on fb anyway.)
Quote by bradulator
No cuz my friends are in real life
Can I borrow your real life
ggg1 ggg3

I want more violations of my privacy.

How about implementing a system that as soon as you start typing the other person can see your face in chat while your typing and only when you are typing. Both type both see faces. You stop face goes away. When you see the message the sender SEES a picture of you to verify its YOU that saw the message.

TIMES 10 Awkward moments = moar hardness.
Quote by Wiegenlied
Hate it so much. I work lots of long shifts and I like to check my messages on the way to the bathroom, which leaves me enough time to read but not respond. Then I read messages at the end shift with people busting my balls because I saw the message ____ hours ago and haven't responded yet. Easily the stupidest thing ever.

tell your friends to grow up.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
it's weird when they stop typing, probably delete it and say nothing until you post and they reply to what you just said only, and you're thinking 'WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO SAY BEFORE, TELL ME'.

or they take a long time 'typing' and finally it's like one short sentence and you're wondering if they are borderline dyslexic or super indecisive.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
it's weird when they stop typing, probably delete it and say nothing until you post and they reply to what you just said only, and you're thinking 'WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO SAY BEFORE, TELL ME'.

or they take a long time 'typing' and finally it's like one short sentence and you're wondering if they are borderline dyslexic or super indecisive.

i get you ;-;

the former is always something like a super serious and awkward 'i love you'.

I've found out from getting fed up, throwing all manners out the window and demanding to know.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
the former is always something like a super serious and awkward 'i love you'.

I've found out from getting fed up, throwing all manners out the window and demanding to know.

MinterMan22 is typing...
"violation of my privacy".

you're talking to a friend... would you want them to know when they're saying something to you in person?
I don't like people actively seeing that I put too much time and thought into my responses, so I've learned to think out my entire response before I start typing which just makes it take even longer.
Quote by theguitarist

Sometimes I like to just mash the keys for a minute so it looks like I'm typing, then erase it, wait a few seconds and send something like "k"
Quote by Thrill-house
Sometimes I like to just mash the keys for a minute so it looks like I'm typing, then erase it, wait a few seconds and send something like "k"

yea people then think that you're a coward for not saying what were really going to say and giving them a dismissive 'k' which can also be insulting.

then they are mad with you the rest of the night and you have no idea why.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

Oh sometimes I do this because I'm typing and I stop in the middle of a sentence/word to do something else and I come back to it like 5 mins later
cat
I don't expect people to answer me in some given time limit, even if they have seen the message. People got lives and shit. How do I know they're not just sitting on their asses watching tv instead of answering me?-- how about I don't care because that's their prerogative, and if someone ever tried to complain to me about not messaging them back quick enough I'd tell them to chill out and quit telling me what to do. If it's that urgent you can just call me. And if I don't answer you can assume that I'm doing something more important, just as I would if the situation were reversed.

21st century mofuggas need to learn some patience.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by soundgarden1986

Pretty much this
i like to type out what i really think about the person and then close my eyes and try to hit the backspace blindly as fast as i can
no i lied im not a risk taker
Quote by WantsLesPaul
i like to type out what i really think about the person and then close my eyes and try to hit the backspace blindly as fast as i can
no i lied im not a risk taker

But What If You Hit Enter
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Hate it they see it and don't reply.

But I rather know the truth than wonder if they ever got the message.
Page 1 of 2