Allright everyone, I just got an electric guitar and I am looking for an amp to buy. Any suggestions?

Have been playing for 1.5 years.

Playing at :
Home, possibly recording, some gigs with my band(bassist, drumer, lead singer).

Price range :
230 - 270 $

Favourite bands, musicians :
MUSE, Green Day, RHCP, Katy Perry, Foo Fighters.

Favourite music styles :
Classical Rock, Punk Rock, styles of the above mentioned bands/musicians, maybe some metal riffs, if they sound good for me.

Current guitar :
A stratocaster rip-off (although sounds quite good).

Currently I had an eye on Roland 20X. Any other suggestions?

P.S. Would be great if you gave me suggestions from this page : http://muzikavisiems.lt/16-kubai-elektrinms-gitaroms

P.S.S.(1 $ ~ 2.6 LTL) The price range in LTL - 600 - 700 LTL.
Last edited by geduxxx66 at Mar 23, 2014,
The Cube is a fine little starter amp. So are peavey Vypyrs, I slightly prefer them. No clue what the used market is like where you are, but ideally a used Vypyr Tube.

If you're going to be gigging and playing with a band, you really need to go used and get something larger than the Cube 20, unless you will be miced. Solid state amps generally don't sound amazing cranked.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by geduxxx66
Allright everyone, I just got an electric guitar and I am looking for an amp to buy. Any suggestions?

Have been playing for 1.5 years.

Playing at :
Home, possibly recording, some gigs with my band(bassist, drumer, lead singer).

Price range :
230 - 270 $

Favourite bands, musicians :
MUSE, Green Day, RHCP, Katy Perry, Foo Fighters.

Favourite music styles :
Classical Rock, Punk Rock, styles of the above mentioned bands/musicians, maybe some metal riffs, if they sound good for me.

Current guitar :
A stratocaster rip-off (although sounds quite good).

Currently I had an eye on Roland 20X. Any other suggestions?

P.S. Would be great if you gave me suggestions from this page : http://muzikavisiems.lt/16-kubai-elektrinms-gitaroms

P.S.S.(1 $ ~ 2.6 LTL) The price range in LTL - 600 - 700 LTL.

I suggest a peavey amp of some sort. Maybe a 1x12 cab or else it will exceed your budget. They are quite versatile amps and I have no complaints towards them.
The Roland 20 XL is a good amp, it's probably the best you're going to find.

For all the others: finding a Peavey amp in Europe is really difficult, and if you find it it won't be the same as USA pricing. The same goes for used markets over here, it's often pretty difficult to find a good used deal.
Up for the used vypyr tube 60 idea.
I respectfully disagree on the peavey's and used gear in europe thing, though I can't find good prices for peavey's stuff new, I can get used vypyr tube 60's for less than three hundred euros anyday here.

If you can't get one of those, go on thomann.de and get yourself a jet city twenty watts combo.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I rather like the tone of the Roland Cubes and their useful, intuitive controls. Gig with a Cube 20x might be a stretch though unless you run direct-out or mic it. Also have a look at a Fender Super Champ XD used. Similar front-end features with a tube output section for more natural guitar tone. This one is just enough to run with most drum kits at a gig.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ if you get the champ you better get some nice distortion pedal too.
Or you could get a peavey classic 30 if you can find one, that' be better than the champ for what you wanna do.

I wouldn't get the roland at thins point, instead I would save up a bit more and get something better.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.