hi, i want to buy a good amp, i want it to sound something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgRly6Xsp0Q
I don't know if it's a good description to what i want to sound like but i just want a really good clean and some nice, warm low-gain overdrive/distortion. So my question, which amp would you guys recommend?
Thanks
Oooh, yeah, you want an axe fx!
To do that song in particular.

The first amps that came to my mind when you wrote "really good clean and some nice, warm low-gain overdrive/distortion" is a ceriatone 18w marshall copy, and then an AB864 bassman though.

Now, would you mind stating your budget and if you're willing to buy something used?
And, in the song there also was a mid-high gain distortion.
An axe fx would do that, yah, though it'd be nice if you were a bit more clear about what you want, 'cause I didn't hear any low gain overdrives in the first minute I listened to that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
We can't help you at all without giving us a budget. I'd agree with getting an axe fx, but is your budget 3grand?
You can get a Fractal Axe FX Ultra used for about $1500 USD (roughly 1100 euro). You just need to buy a power amp too, because the Fractal is only a preamp. But the Fractal will quite literally give you any sound imaginable.

The cheaper option that will also give you a more out of the box ready experience is the Kemper Profiling amp. But again, you need to buy a power amp.

If you are lucky on ebay you can find a nice Marshall JVM 410H head for about that much too if you want to go with the traditional tube head. That thing is monstrous both clean and distorted. Played one in GC a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how good it was.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Mar 23, 2014,
i actually prefer a simple tube amp over something like the axe fx with thousands of different sounds
Then go for a Marshall JVM 410. They have nice crunchy distortion channels and very reverby cleans.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
^ yeah, but none of them sound good.
I mean I didn't really like it and you're the first one I hear saying it's that good.

Anyway you'll not find an axe fx for 1100 euros, the price used here is the same price of the new thing in the us.

I'd get a used (or new if you can find one for a decent price) ENGL powerball 2 or EVH 5150 III if you care more about the distortion or an ENGL ironball if you care more about the cleans + a good cab + an alesis microverb 4 + a footswitch for the microverb.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
^ yeah, the cleans are good indeed but you would wanna look elswhere.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola