I bought Seymour Duncan Invader for my ibanez grg170. How should I wiring this?
Here is a diagram http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=HSH_1v_1t_5w , but my 5 way switch is another, like here http://alloutput.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/5_way_switch.jpg on the right side.
But major problem is, that the wiring is different on my original pickup and switch (in grg170). I make this for bridge pickup.
So I should wiring with seymour duncans method? or how?
Sorry for bad english. I can take a photo about my wiring in GRG170, if it's necessery.
Oh god... those Ibby 5 way switches are awful. If you don't want to buy a new one (which I'd recommend) you can use the
original diagram for the guitar and color convert the diagram to SD. That's what I wound up doing when I put SDs in my RG7321.

This is the original wiring for your guitar:

Here is the color conversion from SD:

Now, I'm like 95% sure that on the SD color conversion you can use the Dimarzio coloring scheme because Ibanez used to get stock pups from Dimarzio. The only difference is that instead of green wire, Ibanez used blue wire.

So follow the original diagram for the guitar (first pic) and anything labeled red is now the black wire on the SDs and instead of connecting the black and white wires you now connect the red and white wires on you SDs. The green and bare always go together to ground. If you need any more help just say so!
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
One more. How much should be the distance, between the pickup and the strings?
About 2-3cm. Just make sure they aren't hitting the strings.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
2-3cm?! You mean MM, right? Fret the string at the last fret and start from about 3mm between the string and the pole piece. Then just mess around with it until you get the sound you want.
These go to eleven...
Ah damn yeah haha. What he said ^ lol. I'm bad with metrics being American and all. I'd just say an eighth of an inch or so but then no one would know what I meant.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I had a problem. The pickup not work as it should.
First of all, I bought it used, it was a good price (yet), and it is SD BJ (old invader).
When I set my marshall amplifier on "clean", than nothings happen when I play, on "overdrive" is something, half clean-half overdrive, but it's really shit.
Maybe wiring problem?
Here is the original wiring: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/140326/IMAG04061_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

From the original pickup coming out three wire, instead of black now is green and bare, instead of white now is red and white and instead of red now is black.
Sounds like a volume problem. Stupid answer, but make sure your volume is all the way up.

That being said, is this with the new SD in? I have never seen an SD with only 3 wires. Usually there are 5 because SD just sells 4 conductor pickups. And does the neck pickup still work fine?
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
From left to right If we number the terminals on the switch from 1 to 8..

This is the old wiring as you can see.

1. Hot wire (white) from Bridge pickup
2. Hot wire from Middle pickup
3. Hot wire from Neck pickup
4. Hot wire to volume pot (left most terminal when facing toward you)
5. Not connected
6. Coil split wire (red) from Bridge pickup
7. Grounded to the casing of the Volume pot
8. Coil split wire from Neck pickup

The shield (black) from each pickup is grounded to the casing of the volume pot.

All you had to change was 1 and 6

On your SD pickup, the black wire whould be soldered to 1.
The red and white wires should be twisted together and soldered to 6.
The green and bare wires should be grounded to the case of the volume pot.

That should be it.

Edit:

instead of white now is red and white and instead of red now is black.
You got that the wrong way round. White should now be Black. And Red should now be White and Red together.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Mar 27, 2014,
TheStig1214, the volume was absolute up, the picture is with the old pickup, yes the SD have 5 wire. The neck pickup and the middle works fine.
JimPlaysGuitar, thanks for the information, I will change the 1 n 6 wires, I hope this will help finally.
I had change the wires, now works fine, but I thought that with this SD, the voice will be much better then with my original pickup. But I don't know..., when I play palmuting, the voice isn't so deep and crunchy, actually the voice is too high, even if I make down the treble on my marshall.
What will be change or what will be different, if I the red and the white wires won't solder on 6th teminal, just soldered together and taped, like here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=HSH_1v_1t_5w
Nothing will change, it only affects the second position on your switch. That selects only one coil of the humbucker plus the middle pickup. Having the switch down all the way is the same as just soldering red and white together. Check your solder connections are good and also try playing with the pickup hight.
These go to eleven...