Hey, I wanna buy stringdampeners. And the only ones I really know about is Gruvgears fretwraps. I play 6 and 7 string guitars, but I dont feel like buying 3 wraps for my 6 string and 3 wraps for the 7 string... (according to Gruvgear, who only sells them in packs of 3 in 3 different sizes, I would need to buy Large for the 7-string and Medium for the 6string.)
But isnt there a way to change the width of the wrap so that it can fit a 6string as well as a 7string?
The best advice I could give you is not to spend on that stuff - either get better at playing or use a couple hair bands.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The best advice I could give you is not to spend on that stuff - either get better at playing or use a couple hair bands.

+1
I will quote my idol, Chris Letchford of Scale the Summit here.

Nieve little me: "Hey, Chris! I noticed when I saw STS live in November that neither you or Travis use string mutes when tapping. How you you keep the strings from ringing out on faster multi-string tapping runs? (I'm learning Travis' tapping part in the beginning of "The Dark Horse", specifically.)"

Chris: "Lots of practice! There are no short cuts."
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
One of them came with the recent Protest The Hero tab book. I'm guessing it's a medium. It's totally adjustable, but there's no way it would get around my 7 string guitar. It can be adjusted way smaller than I'm using it, but can't get any bigger. If you buy the large it should totally work on either, because it should have plenty of room to be adjusted to a smaller size.

And since everyone feels the need to share their opinions on the things, I'd like to say I support the use of it. Just don't use it while practicing. It will hold you back while practicing, but I say while recording or performing it's fair game. I love Chris Letchford, but if it's good enough for PTH, it's good enough for me.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
It will hold you back while practicing, but I say while recording or performing it's fair game.

Yeah, I agree, using something to mute strings while recording can be useful. But is it really neccessary to buy these fretwraps? It can be done with a piece of cloth, hairband, some sponge and lots of other stuff.
victor wooten and his brother (who is an amazing guitar player) uses them sometimes....

but here is the thing, you arent on their level yet. so you can handled muting it yourself for now.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Yeah, I agree, using something to mute strings while recording can be useful. But is it really neccessary to buy these fretwraps? It can be done with a piece of cloth, hairband, some sponge and lots of other stuff.

I had been using a hair tie for years before getting one included in the price of a tab book. I suppose I was getting along alright that way, but with certain guitars it was really difficult to get a hair tie big enough to get over the headstock but small enough to actually mute. I probably spent a good 15 minutes trying to get a hair band, folded over so it wasn't too big for the neck, over the head stock of my 7 string LTD. Also, the fretwrap slides (to push it on and off the fretboard) better. Admittedly, a hair tie is the only thing I've tried, but it comes with serious flaws.
Thank you all for the responses!
The reason that I wanted to buy a fretwrap or something like is because my band is going to record our first EP next month. My tapping skills are pretty high, but I want it to sound perfect in the studio.
I tried using a hairband, and it does the trick pretty damn good. I'm not practicing with it though.

Thanks again
well according to their website they have a sampler pack that comes with a sm md and a lg so there you go.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Rememb

I tried using a hairband, and it does the trick pretty damn good. I'm not practicing with it though.

Thanks again

awesome!!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.