I'm looking into purchasing most likely either a morley bad horsie 1 or morley mark tremonti. I really dig the fact that when you need it you just push on it and its on no clicking on off like the crybaby, so simply that's my reasoning for wanting one. I'm just having a hard time deciding which one is more for me. From what I've heard and read the bad horsie 1 is a more all around better wah especially for cleans whereas the mark tremonti is alittle harsher and better edged towards harder rock, metal etc. I mostly play harder music but do play cleans every once and a while. I guess im leaning more towards the tremonti since I play harder music and I like the look of the diamond plate better but the bad horsie 1 interests me as well. Just out of curiosity if you were in my situation which would you prefer? I'm open to other brands/models as well as long as it doesn't have a on/off switch that's my only preference. Thanks.
I have the Bad Horsie 2and it is great. It combines the bad horsie and a contour wah in one pedal. so you can have the classic wah tone and click the foot button and you have a wah that has been set-up to do other styles. It works well with high gain also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Originally I just had the bad horsie 1 in mind cause it's super simply design which is what I love (I hate options) but I could consider the 2. The 2 doesn't have a on off right? It just works when you step on it and when u lift off it turns off?
Quote by Joeballz
Originally I just had the bad horsie 1 in mind cause it's super simply design which is what I love (I hate options) but I could consider the 2. The 2 doesn't have a on off right? It just works when you step on it and when u lift off it turns off?

Yeah the Bad horsie 2 has the sensor so no toe tapping. This was one of the features (*besides sound quality)that sold me on the BH2. and the fact you can switch on the fly between two wahs is great.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hmm ok back to the drawing boards again maybe the 2 is a possibility. What exactly does the contour do? What kinda sound does it give it?
It allows you to change the pitch of the sweep, so you can make it higher or lower pitched. This helps a lot when using lots of gain. I paid $65 used for mine and I have had it for 2 yrs heavy gigging and no issues at all, it is a sturdy pedal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Man now I'm confused its a toss up between the 3. I'm like sold on all 3 in different ways. I love the tremonti for being more modern metal looking, like the bad horsie 1 for being super simple no options, and the bad horsie 2 for having 2 types of wah in one. Ill have to sleep on this.
I'd like to put my vote for the Bad Horsie II. I haven't actually tried the Tremonti one, but the BHII is fantastic for metal. It has a lot of clarity even when using high gain. It's also great for cleans, very transparent.

I also got mine cheap a year or so ago, and my god was it a bargain.

TS, I would suggest trying them. If that isn't an option, research it on Youtube and then make a decision. If you go used and decide you really don't like it you can just sell it on for the same you bought it for.

Found this, may be useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XnWxE8osI

EDIT: Maybe not, the sound quality of that video is pretty terrible.
Last edited by Random3 at Mar 23, 2014,
Thanks for the video, not sure if I'm crazy but they sound rather similar in that video. I'm sure if I tried them in person side by side I would tell the difference.