Hello,
i'm gonna buy a 5150 III 50W head and I need a good 2x12 cab to go with it.
By budget is about 300-350€, I live in austria and my current guitar is a esp ltd m1000 with sd blackouts on it.
Thanks
Probably someone will point this at some time: http://www.thomann.de/pt/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm?sid=53c2d868f479320039ca99c4b43caf8d

Don't have much experience with cabs, but I was adviced towards it and got one a month ago. Has V30's, it's cheap and sounds tight, closed back so good punch and low end. It just feels great and sounds full.

Edit: Since you have quite more money to expend, you probably will want to look at some other things, but for the money it's worth it and you'd save quite a bunch to invest in something else right now or to keep.
Last edited by RuiGuitar at Mar 23, 2014,
Used mesa rectifier cab or orange ppc, or a zilla custom if you're into that kinda stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The HB cab is a good suggestion if you want V30s, but IMO the 5150III sounds best with G12h30 or G12m25 speakers if you can find a cab with them in it. If not, that Harley Benton G212 vintage is a good buy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 23, 2014,
RoadKill Customs, pretty good stuff. I use one myself. Only recommending because I have yet to try a Zilla, but the Harley Benton would be a good choice too.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Depends what your definition of 'metal' and 'cleans' are. Like a scooped sound with lots of treble and bass? Anything with G12T-75s. Like a balanced sound? Anything with V30s, like the Harley Benton or almost every other cab. Like a classic 70s metal tone? Anything with G12Hs or Eminence Governors or Legend V128s.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I mean balanced high gain rhytm and lead tones and by cleans i mean like system of a down or metallica
get teh harley benton cab and swap out one of the v30s for either a classic lead or g12t75
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ G12h30 is also a good choice for mixing with V30's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah. I suppose with a 50 watt head that'd be ok. I'd probably try a creamback version, though, just to have the extra wattage on tap for futureproofing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?