Hi all,

Im new here - so I'm Daniel, guitarist and vocalist in a pop punk band from South Wales, UK.

I had a Marshall AVT150H with a Marshall AVT412A cab.. but sold the AVT head and now have a Bugera 6260.

I quite fancy a change of cab too, want to upgrade from the AVT412A. I have been looking at Marshall 1960a/b and 1936 (2x12) as options..but could really do with some advice on choosing.

I dont have a huge budget..probably £200 tops, so would be looking at second hand (ebay, gumtree etc).

the vast majority of stuff I play in terms of tone is quite high in bass and treble, so would need a good range from the speakers, but its not metal or anything, so as long as its relatively clean/crisp sounding, its a consideration for me.

Would like to see what you think would suit..
Harley Benton with V30's from Thomman
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
great suggestion by the looks of it! Do you have experience with that cab?

Any other suggestions from anyone else?
I have experience, and for the money I'd get that.

It has v30s, it sounds fairly good, it's fairly solid...
I mean it's a guitar cab, I don't really know what else you may wanna know.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
+1 on the harley benton cab with v30s
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have found someone relatively local who has the G212 vintage for £100

So whats the difference between the HB G212 with 2x12 celestion vintage 30s and the orange PPC212 (which also has 2x12 celestion vintage 30s but is nearly about £400 more expensive)? (sorry for sounding ignorant - my knowledge of cabs is not the best!)
Quote by DanielJMorse
I have found someone relatively local who has the G212 vintage for £100

So whats the difference between the HB G212 with 2x12 celestion vintage 30s and the orange PPC212 (which also has 2x12 celestion vintage 30s but is nearly about £400 more expensive)? (sorry for sounding ignorant - my knowledge of cabs is not the best!)

The orange has better construction and materials, it also optimizes the sound of the V30's. Is it 400GBP better? that is up to you and what you are willing to spend.

The HB cab sounds just fine from what the owners here have said
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The orange has better construction and materials, it also optimizes the sound of the V30's. Is it 400GBP better? that is up to you and what you are willing to spend.

The HB cab sounds just fine from what the owners here have said

TBH, the Orange cabs seem to be declining in quality, the closed 212 is at least still built in the UK and has the associated quality control, but they used to be much better build quality. Certainly not worth the extra £400.

The main thing with the orange cab is the grill cloth, the basket weave cloth is heavy and thick and puts a deadening, dull effect on the sound, it's great for stoner and heavy stuff, but in punk (where there's often a lot of high end in the tone) I recon you'd prefer the HB
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb