Hey guys, this is another collaboration I did with Mark Weeks (Sidereal9). He wrote the instrumental track, and I wrote the lyrics and did the vocals.

This is an interesting one for me and I kind of like how it turned out. Vocally, I kind of incorporated a couple different styles, but I'd say that I added a touch of Dave Mustaine on some of the parts.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think! And leave a link for C4C!

https://soundcloud.com/coreyculler/tripping
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Hey dude

Pretty cool I think sometimes the guitars get a little repetitive/boring though and the solo needs to be up heaps more in the mix! I dig the vocals, sometimes it sounds like your holding back a little you should just let it rip! it reminds me of a softer system of a down or something haha definitely on to something!

heres my link:
https://soundcloud.com/filthyapes/colour-cafe-master
Sounds good, I did notice the Dave mustaine parts, and I dig it. Like the post above mine, the guitar is very repetitive throughout and if it weren't for the vocals, i don't think I could listen to it for very long. Since this thread is focused on your vocals, I think it's great. Some parts sound like you're being kinda quiet, not like volume, but like the power in your voice so to say.
Weird this popped up right on my soundcloud before I even clicked this link here on UG. I like the mustaine-esque vocals. Sounds like a mix of him and a dash of RATM, but you got a sick and raw voice dude. As far as the guitar goes its pretty solid. Standout parts are the bridge and the groovy/funky verse. The line, "do they think I'm some kind of genius" sounds a bit rushed and not in time, but its very much a Peace Sells type thing. The rest of the lyrics are pretty sweet though. The solo is trippy enough but a bit underwhelming and kinda acts as short trip rather than a full blown psychedelic mind **** (which is where it needs to be for this song to truly rule). I really like the chorus too, very groovy sound overall. Again, your voice kicks some serious ass and I love the Mustainne style growl and tone (besides the above lyric) and the ending is a great finisher. Look forward to hearing more originals.
weird man (not the song) it cuts out for me at 1:35, you can see the colour difference in the wave before it cuts out. You have some cool vocals although It doesn't convince me 100%. I suppose I mean I did't feel that you were into it but more or less going through the motions.
Lovecannon,
I just experienced a 5.1 earthquake an hour ago, epicenter about 7 miles from me. It shook rather hard, knocked down a bunch of my stuff. A metal candlestick holder fell & made a sizable gouge in my electric bass. A TV of mine stopped working even though it didn't fall down. A bookcase would have fallen over completely had it not been stopped by a printer stand. Fun times! So now I'm trying to distract myself from the 5% chance of a bigger quake about to hit our area. Your song sounds very good! Vocals, guitar, and drums sound quite good! At times it reminds me of Bush (the band, not the president). Please review my music at this link (before California falls into the ocean) :

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637670
The vocals on the verse remind me a lot of Rage Against The Machine, and not in a bad way! In fact, I hear a lot of RATM in the whole song, but with your own touch which makes it really nice. Really like the use of the ride bell too.
The recording quality is really good too, and I love the riffs. Looking forward for more!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1638709
Well guys, I made a major update to the song. I think its a lot better now! I added some extra emphasis on the last chorus, and I corrected some out of tune notes and phrasing issues. Let me know what you guys think!
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro