Just finished up my latest custom amp project - a facelift for a little Epiphone practice amp.

-- Black Walnut and Flamed Maple --

I came in to this thread with high hopes! Then i saw what it was you were converting...

but THEN i saw the end result!

DAYUM, that looks sexy man!
How's it sound? I'm guessing you must like it enough.
How much it set you back? (hours + time)

I'd like to see this same facelift on some nice lil tube combo :P
Looks like it belongs with that guitar. Well done!
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I picked a cheap amp to do this with on purpose - this was sort of a prototype. Although it doesn't sound bad for what it is. Now that I've got it patterned out and I know where I need to tweak, I'm starting another one next week based on a new tube amp - like a Kustom Defender 15H. This one will be slightly larger at 1x10, and will also have a matching 2x10 extension cab underneath.
---
Gretsch Electromatic G5420T, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro Deluxe, Breedlove Solo C350/CMe, Yamaha FG-335 II, La Patrie Etude, Sonata YS-710M-12
Last edited by JohnnyGeek at Mar 24, 2014,
i honestly rolled my eyes when i saw the amp you were using........

and then my ****ing jaw dropped when i saw the finished product.
this is a super cool looking design, and generally i hate everything that doesnt look like the same old same old stuff from fender/gibson/marshall/vox sort of stuff.

i would love to see a hand built tweed champ sounding amp, except switchable 15 to 5 watts, and has a speaker out so it doubles as a head and a small practice combo, all built like this little epiphone.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Mar 24, 2014,