So, I went to the guitar store yesterday and went round trying a few things, so I bought this when I tried it out, strangely enough they had four of the Schecters in. I tried out ALL of them and this one spoke out to me and felt right, wasn't originally what I was after, but I tried out many things and I was there for three and a bit hours, just trying out EVERYTHING. Even the more expensive guitars, I just liked this one the best as it just felt right to me (And far better to play than my Gibson Faded V, mainly because I love the back of the neck)

So, I'm proud to present this to you guys (And I bet you're pleased I'm gonna stop making threads

So here it is. A Shecter, now. Judging from the artists who play Schecter (Minus Gary Holt) I never thought I would pick one of these up in a million years as they seem to be based around uber br00tz chug chug and that's not what I'm into at all. But what's interesting is, I played four of these. The only differences were floyd, colour and slight weight differences between them (All of which were these models) and even with slight weight differences between the non Floyded models. I could hear the differences. However, I'm not completely convinced it's all in the tonewood as the set ups were slightly different. But same strings (Asked the guy in the store)

I've never used Actives before, so this is really weird for me. I was in the store plugged it in and just thought "Woah" but the Blackouts sound a little organic to me, unlike a guitar with EMG's in it that I tried the same day. Though I was plugged into one of the little HT5 "Metal" amplifiers, which just provided me with the thought of "Meh" it sounded very flat and I don't think the EQ was very responsive at all, but this was without a boost and I didn't try it with a boost. But I'd like too at somepoint.

Also, it's heavy. It was the heaviest of the four that I tried, but it also sounds the meatiest. wonder if that's to do with the weight

Anyway, will give further thoughts later. Just got it home! Wanna play it for a bit first

Put down the deposit yesterday, only paid it in full today
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 24, 2014,
I agree with you on your statement about Schecter players haha. But congrats. It looks beautiful.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Nice V man, congrats on the purchase. May the guitar serve you well and long.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Just had a thought! As it's an active system and it uses batteries on it, would I be able to perform an 18V mod on it?

Or is that an EMG only kinda deal?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Using it at a rehersal in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know how it goes with it. First time with Actives, so it's interesting. Haha
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I own a Schecter Ultracure (Robert Smith model), and I love it! He's about as far away from br00tz as you can get, so I have no doubt that Schecter can produce some stellar 'non-metal' guitars as well!
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Quote by Samhuinn
I own a Schecter Ultracure (Robert Smith model), and I love it! He's about as far away from br00tz as you can get, so I have no doubt that Schecter can produce some stellar 'non-metal' guitars as well!

Oh yeah, totally forgot he was on Schecter! Apparently Schecter started off making non br00tz guitars, then find they're way into doing it.

Not too up to date with Schecter history though!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Just had a thought! As it's an active system and it uses batteries on it, would I be able to perform an 18V mod on it?

Or is that an EMG only kinda deal?

Yes you can do the 18v mod
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yes you can do the 18v mod

Was reading online that it won't do much to the Blackouts!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Oh yeah, totally forgot he was on Schecter! Apparently Schecter started off making non br00tz guitars, then find they're way into doing it.

Not too up to date with Schecter history though!

They still make quite a bit other guitars than what you typically see including acoustics. And I would hardly call my C-1 Classic a br00tz guitar.

Quote by Fisheth24
Was reading online that it won't do much to the Blackouts!

Yeah my research showed that as well, alot of people think it makes them worse. I just picked up a set and really prefer them tho my 81/85 with the 18v mod.
Schecter started out making Fender and Gibson replacement parts then moved onto making their own guitars. Long story short, a few lawsuits resulted in Schecter headstocks to look like this:

Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Happy NGD.

I bought a Schecter for the soul purpose of playing '70s-'80s Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Never even thought of using it for the Broots. But I'll tell ya, it does what I want it to with flying colors. Anyways, I think Shecter advertises most of their guitars as Hard Rock oriented. I do know they are built to last a lifetime so you should get lots and lot's of enjoyment out of it.
I can tell you this, I am now trying to sell a couple of guitars so I can buy one of the other ones too. Haha
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Maybe i should try a couple schecters out...
Ive always seen it as LTDs or schecters, but you have changed my mind about them now.

Cuz that V is prettyyyy
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
That looks like such a tasty black metal axe right there... Congrats!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by Carrot
Maybe i should try a couple schecters out...
Ive always seen it as LTDs or schecters, but you have changed my mind about them now.

Cuz that V is prettyyyy

I was suprised how two Identical models could play and feel so differently! Guitar Guitar has them in on Blowout right now.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Oh man, the last thing I need to see when I have the V GAS

Nice guitar man. Totes jelly
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh man, the last thing I need to see when I have the V GAS

Nice guitar man. Totes jelly

It's so nice. I'm selling my Deans for another one
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I was suprised how two Identical models could play and feel so differently! Guitar Guitar has them in on Blowout right now.

Ive only just bought my PRS from them...

This is gonna be expensive web lurking...

Edit.
£400!!

I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Last edited by Carrot at Mar 24, 2014,
Quote by Fisheth24
It's so nice. I'm selling my Deans for another one

Good luck finding somebody who wants a Dean

Don't look at me, I got my eye on one already...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Good luck finding somebody who wants a Dean

Don't look at me, I got my eye on one already...

Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hey I'd take a Time Capsule Cadillac or Z............

...I even have an EVO but don't tell anyone here, I have a rep to keep
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Hey I'd take a Time Capsule Cadillac or Z............

...I even have an EVO but don't tell anyone here, I have a rep to keep

Yeah, I've got a Dimeoflame and a Warbird ML to shift
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

Good luck on that, you'd probably get rid of them quicker if you traded them to the store. I mean in my area Dean is not a big thing any store that carries them goes out of business.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Fisheth24

No wonder you hate Deans.

God bless you, son.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Robbgnarly

Good luck on that, you'd probably get rid of them quicker if you traded them to the store. I mean in my area Dean is not a big thing any store that carries them goes out of business.

How much would I get for a beaten up Dimeoflame? Not even £100 I'll call them tomorrow, see how much I'll get for them.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100