hey guys, i dont know if its been discussed before but im currently looking into getting either the bugera 6260 or the 6262 infinium head. i know the 6260 is a clone to the 5150 and the 6262 is a clone of the 6505, i really like both and i know the differences between both .. but im not sure which one to get. i play more melo-death metal in my side project thing, but i'm my main band i'm lead guitar player for a progreesive pop punk band(think coheed and cambria meets tsunami bomb). what would be better for what i play? if you think a better amp would be needed please let me know.
Really the 6260 has a pretty decent clean channel (honestly liked it better than the Peavey) so the way I see it you should only get the 6262 if you need separate EQs. They are similar enough that you probably wouldn't have to compensate that much to get equivalent sounds.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
actually the 6260 is a clone of the 5150/6505 and the 6262 is a clone of the 5150 II/6505+

I agree they do have a better clean channel than the Peavey's they clone, but be advised Bugera amps have a horrible track record for reliability. If it is your only amp and you gig or plan to gig, I strongly suggest you get something else.

A used Peavey 5150 II or 6505+ has a usable clean channel and will be a much better amp overall. You can also look at Jet City which are inexpensive, but they are built good and sound great. Jet City is budget Soldano amps, Peavey 5150 was a rip-off of the Soldano (they are near identical circuits) for EVH.

Where are you located and what is your budget? this will help us help you better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks guys. currently my budget is around $550 right now and im in louisville, ky.
i'm looking to buy new at the moment unless an amazing head comes through my town used(guitar center here in louisville has a prs se 50 watt amp head that id kill to own but currently out of my price range). ive looked into used 5150 and 6505's locally on craigslist and music shops but nothing has come around.
now for reliabilty ive heard they(bugera) have improved with the infinium line, and the self biasing sounds amazing if its true.
Quote by chrisvasco23
thanks guys. currently my budget is around $550 right now and im in louisville, ky.
i'm looking to buy new at the moment unless an amazing head comes through my town used(guitar center here in louisville has a prs se 50 watt amp head that id kill to own but currently out of my price range). ive looked into used 5150 and 6505's locally on craigslist and music shops but nothing has come around.
now for reliabilty ive heard they(bugera) have improved with the infinium line, and the self biasing sounds amazing if its true.

I have seen 3 of the new infinium heads where the infinium self biasing function is busted, so I don't believe they have done anything to actually make them better

So $550 and you want a nice Hi-gain head give me a few and I'll find you some
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

I love the Krank stuff. It's pretty good quality.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I love the Krank stuff. It's pretty good quality.

It really is, I'm 100% satisfied with every Krank product I have bought. Built very well
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks man!!
ive tried the krank amps a couple of times but not the chadwick stuff. i will say the big krank amps (to me) always gave me a dimebag type tone regardless of how low the gain was. but that was also a krankenstein. my local music go round has a couple of rev jrs for a bit cheaper so ill go after work and try it out. again thanks man! ill let you all know with what i go with
The Chadwick is a HR Marshall type amp and the 1980 is an even more HR marshall type amp.

Yeah the K-stein does the Dime tone , the Rev is a bit different
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Chadwick is a HR Marshall type amp and the 1980 is an even more HR marshall type amp.

Yeah the K-stein does the Dime tone , the Rev is a bit different

Also note that my Rev 1 doesn't sound like Dime now I've put a boost and something that isn't an ML into it
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Put that Rev Jr through G12K100s or V30s and stick a boost in front of it. Thank me later.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan