I was wondering if anyone with experience using music stands could offer some advice. I'm looking for answers on...

1. Optimal price range. (what is the best price to performance ratio. how much is too much? What is that sweet spot?)

2. Best material (Is light weight aluminum the best, or a plastic/composite)

3. Features you wish your stand included. (do you wish that it folded for easier storage, or for it to be easier to adjust)

4. Useless features that were included with your music stand but were not needed. (any options that were included that you felt could have been left out to lower the price of the product.)

5. Accessories you purchased to improve functionality of music stand. (ex: pick holders. What did you buy to make it better.)

6. Where you most used your stand.
Price doesn't matter when it comes to a music stand. Buy the cheapest one you can find, it works just the same as any more expensive one. It's just a thing to sit paper on, man.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Nvvmxa
I was wondering if anyone with experience using music stands could offer some advice. I'm looking for answers on...

1. Optimal price range. (what is the best price to performance ratio. how much is too much? What is that sweet spot?)

Cheapest.

2. Best material (Is light weight aluminum the best, or a plastic/composite)

Cheapest. And metal.

3. Features you wish your stand included. (do you wish that it folded for easier storage, or for it to be easier to adjust)

It...just holds paper. What else does it need to do?

Depending on transportation, you may want one that folds up though. Also, it can help if it has clips, to keep sheets from blowing away when someone slams the door or something.

4. Useless features that were included with your music stand but were not needed. (any options that were included that you felt could have been left out to lower the price of the product.)

N/A

5. Accessories you purchased to improve functionality of music stand. (ex: pick holders. What did you buy to make it better.)

N/A

6. Where you most used your stand.

Whenever I needed to read sheet music...
I can tell the people in here haven't dealt with bad stands before.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
get the one that can check your twitter and facebook. And make sure it has wifi and multiple usb ports. That'll do ya.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Yeah, you're overthinking and overanalysing this, just make sure it doesn't separate its parts from each other when you put it on the floor and you'll be fine.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I can tell the people in here haven't dealt with bad stands before.

I have, but they are usually like old shitty ones used by tons of people prior to that. Like a music class or something. If it can stand straight without falling or swaying, and can hold your music upright and in a readable position: It's as good as it gets. If you buy a new one in the box, I can guarantee it'll be totally fine to buy the cheapest one.

What constitutes a bad stand in your eyes? If you were to buy a new one. Obviously old used ones can be shitty, but a new one? Even the cheapest is fine.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I have, but they are usually like old shitty ones used by tons of people prior to that. Like a music class or something. If it can stand straight without falling or swaying, and can hold your music upright and in a readable position: It's as good as it gets. If you buy a new one in the box, I can guarantee it'll be totally fine to buy the cheapest one.

What constitutes a bad stand in your eyes? If you were to buy a new one. Obviously old used ones can be shitty, but a new one? Even the cheapest is fine.

Stuff like this. They fall over easily and music falls off pretty often.

Yea, new stands will alright but you don't want the cheapest in some cases. It will get beat up over time and suddenly you'll have a swiveling stand and that's no fun.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Funny you should link that stand. I have the exact same one and have had it since I started playing when I was 12, which was 11 years ago. Still going strong. If you go cheap, just don't slam it around and you'll be alright.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Things never worked for me. Maybe I always got bad ones. I don't like those to begin with. Thing of habit I guess. I've played with full size stands forever.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Mine is slightly different. You can adjust the height of it, otherwise it's the same foldout design. I can find stuff to complain about, like how the back isn't solid, or they have those stupid little metal pieces to "hold" your paper in place, but in the end it doesn't affect my performance. It's not perfect, but hey.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

If you want one at home, I suggest the Manhassett:

http://www.amazon.com/Manhasset-Model-Sheet-Music-Stand/dp/B0002FOBJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395695300&sr=8-1&keywords=manhasset+music+stand

For something more portable:

http://www.amazon.com/Gearlux-Deluxe-Collapsible-Orchestra-Music/dp/B009MBT68U/ref=pd_sim_MI_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VEECG9HETJ4EQDE20F4

Not all music stands are equal. Don't go for the cheapest. They're very flimsy and can screw you over in a live performance.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you ever play outdoors you wil want a sturdy stand that can handle some wind. These are the ones we use most:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-GMS80A-Conductor-Sheet-Music-Stand-100473279-i1168480.gc

Sturdy build, foldable legs.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by BladeSlinger
Stuff like this. They fall over easily and music falls off pretty often.

Yea, new stands will alright but you don't want the cheapest in some cases. It will get beat up over time and suddenly you'll have a swiveling stand and that's no fun.

I own one similar to that and never have an issue, especially because I use the clips that are attached to the side bars.