Page 1 of 2
Good quality audio at moderate volumes.
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
Well, you can get a hamburger as a phone. Can't do that with a smartphone now can you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My mom got rid of her phone line like 6 years ago, at least.

I'll probably get one in my future house, just for the sake of novelty.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by bradulator
So you can have something to not answer when bill collectors and telemarketers call.

Ding ding ding!
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by Kensai
Well, you can get a hamburger as a phone. Can't do that with a smartphone now can you?

Or a duckphone.

Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
i have a house phone.

I don't have a cell phone.

You don't need to talk to me when I'm not here, unless i'm there.

Simple.
older people need it to call home from the basic mobile you got them, because they still never remember how to select your name in contacts and press the dial button to call your mobile.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by AtaBorMan
Or a duckphone.

Or one of these bad boys. Who didn't enjoy spending half a day just dialing the number?

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
I only got a cell phone within the past year. I wish I had a landline instead. When I was grading for a professor last year I told him I didn't have a cell phone and he said, "How am I supposed to get in touch with you then?"
No.

As popular and available you'd think cellular phone service is, there are still many wide areas that do not have access to cellphone service. Until last year, where I live didn't have anything and even as of recently that we've recieved service we're lucky if the 4G is working (like probably 10% of the time).

From a technological standpoint however: yes, and has been for a long time. As has internet access not distributed by 4G. Speed almost equally as fast (for the average internet user) and better mobility and convenience provided it's there.

Only because it's not reliable and available across the U.S. is why we still have landlines.
they're handy
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I only own a cellphone. My sister only owns a cellphone. My parents own a normal phone but only ever usethe cellphone.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I saw a guy walking around with a landline the other day.

Like, he was trying to wear it fashionably or something.
Sail upon the open skies
I think my home phone still gets used 5+ times a day
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Landlines are a lot more likely to remain functional during a natural disaster than cellphone towers are, apparently.

I don't have a landline.

I've got a friend who has a red phone at home that he only gives the number of to hot women.
Well you can always have one so you can give non-family/friends your cell number and the other number when you open accounts, and for work etc. Then all your spam/bill calls will go to the home phone. Then just unplug or mute it.
If you ever decide to become an assassin you can take the phone cord and strangle your victims. The police will never know you killed them because 96% of all home deaths involve strangulation by phone cord.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Lets you answer those phone polls! Favorite thing. Makes it seem like my opinion matters.
Bah cellphones in my country are overpriced bullshit that could feed me for a week. So I settle for a land-line and I'm content with it. I got no friends to call anyways, I only need it for utilities so **** cellphones.
I dont have one in my apartment but my parents still do. Any telemarketers, insurance or bank bills stuff will go to them as i use their house number as my own
Perhaps "home phones" are obsolete but landlines are still quite practical for businesses.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Honestly, I feel that homophones are actually really useful for making jokes these days.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

As popular and available you'd think cellular phone service is, there are still many wide areas that do not have access to cellphone service.

Over 96% of the WORLD has a cell phone. That's close enough to call landlines obsolete in terms of availability.

And land lines are still useful if you want to call a family, or call a home. Say you want to call your aunt's house and talk to anybody there, to invite that whole bunch to a party or something. You can call the house and talk to anybody, instead of calling Uncle Bill - busy then Aunt Rose - busy then cousin Pete - oh hey Pete! So it's useful in that sense. Not useful enough for me to buy a land line though.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Mar 24, 2014,
They may as well be. I work in a job where we have to take a home phone number and about 95% of people don't have them anymore. To be fair, the majority are drug dealers who have several mobiles instead...

L.F.C
Quote by tubatom868686
One time I sneezed and pooped in my pants at someones house. It fell down my pantleg onto the floor. I blamed it on the dog. They believed me
I have all the bills and business stuff going to the landline and my cell is all personal use.

No more getting calls on my cell asking if id like to change my tv package or upgrade my internet service. If it's not important you get my home phone.
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 24, 2014,
Quote by Nickpocalypse

I've got a friend who has a red phone at home that he only gives the number of to hot women.

Your friend sounds like he's the man.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Landlines are still useful for business calls.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Home phones and landlines have been rendered obsolete because people are never home. Cell phones and their providers have taken over the world of communication, and even older generations are on board with it now. I have a home phone and so does my uncle, but I don't know anyone else besides who does.

Within the next twenty to thirty years, we'll have devices implanted into our brains that allow direct communication with other people via an electronic heads up display rendered over our cornea through nano-scale circuits powered by our own bioelectric output. So you can start kissing cell phones goodbye next.
12 years without a home phone in my place. Never need it, why have it. Why would I want 2 different phone numbers anyways
I lose a lot of phones lol. I always get to keep my number though, and get my messages.
Page 1 of 2