Hello, I recently built a high gain guitar preamp and am currently just trying to plan out the power amp section. Thing is I want to include an AUX input along with the power amp so that I can jam to some backing tracks from the amp itself. Carvin does this with the V3M, but Carvin intentionally made the schematic a real pain in the ass to read:

http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/schematics/v3m_blocked.pdf

the aux circuit is to the left of the Amp ID info. its a pretty simple circuit, but one output goes into the phase inverter and theres another output to the impedance switch. I dont really get whats going on, especially since its all a mess. Can someone explain to me where exactly the line-in signal is supposed to go? Is there a better way to make a line-in mod into a poweramp? Just in case, Im planning on using the Soldano SLO-50W poweramp with around 300V on the PI and around 440V in the power tubes.

I remember a few months ago I stumbled upon some already assembled PCBs for people to mod this type of circuit into their amps, but I cant for the life of me find them now. Id much prefer a ready made pcb, but iirc this particular board was rather overpriced, especially if the Carvin circuit actually works because that one would cost me less than $10 to make myself.

any help on this subject would be great. thanks
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1