Hey there!

I decided on a Telecaster, for which Fender I should buy

however.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Telecaster

I'm not sure which model/variant to choose, though.

Basically, i'm going to play indie/alternative rock, along with some blues and even some country here and there. Though, predominately alternative/indie. The blues/country bit will be on the side.

I should note that I plan on buying this Gibson:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Shred-Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

So, I'm not too keen on buying a more aggressive guitar tone, you know.

But yeah, I've also heard that finding a more 'alternative rock/indie rock' sound lies within the gear, not the guitar.

So with that being said, which telecaster should I buy bros?
honestly, basically any of the telecasters out there will work beautifully for all styles except metal. (and there are a couple teles for just that!).

so which one you get depends on your budget, and which one feels really good to you.

i bought a roadworn 50s tele on ebay last year for a steal. and it feels great, looks great, and sounds even better.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
honestly, basically any of the telecasters out there will work beautifully for all styles except metal. (and there are a couple teles for just that!).

so which one you get depends on your budget, and which one feels really good to you.

i bought a roadworn 50s tele on ebay last year for a steal. and it feels great, looks great, and sounds even better.

Lol I got a metal Tele. You might want to go with a Thinline with the cutout if you have the money. Nice big sound even if it's got the single coils.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Literally any common Telecaster will do what you want. What you have to ask yourself is what kind of feel you are after, and the only way to sort that out is to go to a shop and try a bunch of Teles out until you find one that feels godo in your hands. Tone and specification-wise, there is no production Fender Telecaster which will do what you want better or worse than others. It's all down to feel.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.