Im looking for really decent cleans to extreme metal, and using a wampler pinnacle o.d. for any classic rock stuff.

Would any amp cover this? My favourite amp gain sounds are

Framus Cobra
Laney gh50l (one channel but i dont want to run 2 amps)
VHT Deliverence
Baron Custom mii60
used Peavey JSX

IK know you pay a premium for USA amps in the UK

The Laney VH100r is a 2 channel version of the GH100, if you like that it should be pretty cheap in your area used.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
we pay a premium for UK amps in the UK JSX is definitely a good recommendation though
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
we pay a premium for UK amps in the UK JSX is definitely a good recommendation though

Yeah, but not as bad as we do here from my understanding. I know you guys get raped on Mesa because. I'd suggest a Mark III/IV because they can be found for <$1000 all the time, but are way over budget there
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Look for a Krank Rev 1. I use one for pretty heavy metal and I've heard it been used for RHCP/Arctic Monkeys type stuff.

Bit biased cause I love mine however.

I've seen them on places for £500-£600
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah, but not as bad as we do here from my understanding. I know you guys get raped on Mesa because. I'd suggest a Mark III/IV because they can be found for <$1000 all the time, but are way over budget there

Marshalls are roughly the same price (because they exploit the American market), Orange are cheaper in the states than the UK
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I use a Line 6 Spider Valve combo for all that stuff and I've heard even better things about the head version. You can also try the B-52 AT100 or a Peavy Valve King 100. Both of those are like the poor man's Tri and Dual Recs. Used you can get them for like $300-350 or new for near $1000 USD.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I use a Line 6 Spider Valve combo for all that stuff and I've heard even better things about the head version. You can also try the B-52 AT100 or a Peavy Valve King 100. Both of those are like the poor man's Tri and Dual Recs. Used you can get them for like $300-350 or new for near $1000 USD.

I had a SV HD100 mk1 and it was an OK amp

B-52 are not the most reliable amps, the VK100 is an OK amp but neither are even close to a Mesa Dual or Triple. The VK100 can get close, but needs some extensive mods to do it and even then it is not a Mesa.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
not the laney gh, it's british-sounding.

the deliverance might be worth a try. stormshadow has them for under £1000 at the moment, that's a pretty good deal I think. How american it sounds, though, I dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fisheth24
Look for a Krank Rev 1. I use one for pretty heavy metal and I've heard it been used for RHCP/Arctic Monkeys type stuff.

Bit biased cause I love mine however.

I've seen them on places for £500-£600

Well if you decide on a Krank Rev 1 hit me up, I've got one for sale!
Quote by Robbgnarly

A Mesa Express 5:25 head is £1300/$2,000 here.

It makes me cry a little whenever i think about it but what can you do.
Quote by raymond lin
A Mesa Express 5:25 head is £1300/$2,000 here.

It makes me cry a little whenever i think about it but what can you do.

Yeah, no way that amp is worth that any time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COOL-Randall-RM50-MTS-Modular-Electric-Guitar-Tube-Amplifier-Head-50W-Amp-/141235083641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e2445979

And throw Tweed and Recto modules into it - or whatever high gain one floats your boat, there are heaps of them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 26, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
not the laney gh, it's british-sounding.

the deliverance might be worth a try. stormshadow has them for under £1000 at the moment, that's a pretty good deal I think. How american it sounds, though, I dunno.

I tried it was 6l6s and really really liked it. It is marshally but darker.

Not really into the JSX to be honest. The 5150 3 would be perfect as the cleans are much improved, but i just didnt like the gain on it compared to the original 5150 ii.

I was really looking for any advice re other brands, eg Koch, Brunetti etc. Ive never tried.

Really the cobra is my ideal hi gain sound.
Quote by Robbgnarly
I had a SV HD100 mk1 and it was an OK amp

B-52 are not the most reliable amps, the VK100 is an OK amp but neither are even close to a Mesa Dual or Triple. The VK100 can get close, but needs some extensive mods to do it and even then it is not a Mesa.

Key words there were "poor man's" haha. On my local gear exchange there are 2 or 3 AT100s up right now and that seems to be the general consensus, even from the guys who have been playing for years. I didn't know they were unreliable lol. I wanted one. Wanted.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
For under a grand, you're basically looking at a 5150 III (make sure you have a long play with one in person before writing them off; most demos online aren't flattering and don't reflect how it can sound in person), a second hand Single Rectifier or a Blackstar 1046L6 as my top picks.

The amps you listed actually have a little bit more of a balanced US-UK mix tone to them, so I'd also recommend the JVM, essentially Marshall's attempt at the US-voice-dominated, tight, higher-gain market. It's got EL34s in it, of course, but it's got a brighter tone with less mids than other Marshalls. It's actually brighter and tighter than a 5150. Probably wouldn't be worth you specifically seeking one out, but if you happen to pass one in a shop, it's worth giving it a quick try.

And, I know they have an awful reputation due to their older amps' reliability, but take a look at the Bugera TriRec Infinium. I was borrowing one for a while when I was between amps and that thing holds up. Purely in terms of sound, it's as good as anything else. The issue is whether or not you can stand buying something made in China with the Bugera logo on it. Again, not worth chasing after specifically, but if you do happen to get the chance to try one then you should give it a fair shot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by alienholdsworth

I was really looking for any advice re other brands, eg Koch, Brunetti etc. Ive never tried.

Really the cobra is my ideal hi gain sound.

i haven't tried the cobra

ages since i've tried either koch or brunetti. the kochs i've tried (which weren't the higher gain ones like the powertone, or the newer ones like the supernova) were probably more british-sounding. the brunetti xlr-evo i tried was very nice, and seemed pretty versatile. whether it's american-sounding enough for you, though, I dunno. i'd say it's worth a try if you can find one to try, though, iirc it had some kind of control which changed the overall tone quite a bit on the high gain channel (edge? something like that) where you could make it sound more like a mesa, or more like e.g. an engl.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?