Page 1 of 2
Quote by seanlang01
Yawn.

You know farms kill millions of animals daily?

I like lions
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I like lions

i like turtles
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
i wonder if lion tastes good
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
i like turtles

I also like turtles. I would be just as sad if they killed 4 turtles to make room for 1 new turtle

or killed any 4 ________ to make room for 1 new ___________. I want to know more about why they decided to do this.....wouldn't you make sure you had the appropriate facilities for a new animal before committing to anything?
cat
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i wonder if lion tastes good

cats in general don't taste good, not sure if big cats are any different but probably not
cat
Quote by guitarxo
cats in general don't taste good, not sure if big cats are any different but probably not

how do you know? catkiller
That's ****ed up, but you have to appreciate the fact that we're just ****ing with nature at this point. Instead of "Oh no, a lion! Run!" now it's "I don't really know where to put you, so I'm just gonna end you".
So they kill 4 lions to make room for 1 new lion

wow whoever runs that zoo must be bad at math
ggg1 ggg3

Oh Lord those comments.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
how do you know? catkiller

lol I googled it because people always ask me about it so now I know the answer for real

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That's ****ed up, but you have to appreciate the fact that we're just ****ing with nature at this point. Instead of "Oh no, a lion! Run!" now it's "I don't really know where to put you, so I'm just gonna end you".

yeah it really is crazy haha
cat
Quote by guitarxo
lol I googled it because people always ask me about it so now I know the answer for real

yeah right
Quote by guitarxo
I also like turtles. I would be just as sad if they killed 4 turtles to make room for 1 new turtle

or killed any 4 ________ to make room for 1 new ___________. I want to know more about why they decided to do this.....wouldn't you make sure you had the appropriate facilities for a new animal before committing to anything?
A lot of zoos belong to organizations that technically "own" the animal(s) in question so they may not have a choice. Also, decisions are often based on reproductive potential of the animal. If it is too closely related to other animals in the system, or won't reproduce, then it just costs money to keep it. There might be other factors as well, and they usually use the meat to feed other animals.
Quote by that news article
The 10-month-old lions would have been killed by the new male lion "as soon as he got the chance", it said.

**** the old hags and their cubs, this ****ing lion can talk.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 25, 2014,
Quote by guitarxo

It's not about having inappropriate facilities to cater for new animals, they have a breeding program and have fertile females coming of age.

They need to carry that program on, and so they need a new fit adult male. The ones they have are too old or too young.

It was a choice between 4 lions and a successful breeding program which can increase/sustain the lion population until such time as more zoos are able to take the offspring etc.

I know it looks like a 4 v 1 choice, but it's not.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by seanlang01
A lot of zoos belong to organizations that technically "own" the animal(s) in question so they may not have a choice. Also, decisions are often based on reproductive potential of the animal. If it is too closely related to other animals in the system, or won't reproduce, then it just costs money to keep it. There might be other factors as well, and they usually use the meat to feed other animals.

who's eating lion meat?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
who's eating lion meat?

Lions.

More realistically if they didn't feed it to other carnivores/scavengers, maggots would eat them.
Well if they didn't feed it to fire, idk what the best way to dispose of a lion would be honestly. A combination of the two?

I love cats, but I don't have much of a soft spot for any of the extended feline family.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 25, 2014,
a cat dying is the saddest thing ever, so my feels do not approve of this. Thousands (if not millions) of animals get killed each day though, and I don't really see why this should cause such an outrage.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
They might as well start an attraction where they kill the animals and then bbq them for the guests amirite?
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by guitarxo
who's eating lion meat?
Other carnivores and scavengers. Maybe some adventurous eater with a lot of money (if the zoo knows how to make a buck.)
giraffes have long necks they make me happy

i like being happy i havent been very happy recently

Quote by MinterMan22
giraffes have long necks they make me happy

What about ostriches
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
What about ostriches

ostriches have long necks and they make me happy

Quote by MinterMan22
ostriches have long necks and they make me happy

cat
Quote by gonzaw
What about flamingos?

flamingos have long necks and they make me happy

i like being happy

Man that zoo sucks. Who the hell wants to go to a zoo where all you hear about is the zoo keepers killing the animals they captured for our amusement. Jeeze, just build another cage or someshit. Raise the fucckers on your own you lazy shits.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
Man that zoo sucks. Who the hell wants to go to a zoo where all you hear about is the zoo keepers killing the animals they captured for our amusement. Jeeze, just build another cage or someshit. Raise the fucckers on your own you lazy shits.

Or let the four original lions and the new one fight to the death for the right to stay.
Quote by Wormholes
Or let the four original lions and the new one fight to the death for the right to stay.

Featuring Michael Vick?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
It's not about having inappropriate facilities to cater for new animals, they have a breeding program and have fertile females coming of age.

They need to carry that program on, and so they need a new fit adult male. The ones they have are too old or too young.

It was a choice between 4 lions and a successful breeding program which can increase/sustain the lion population until such time as more zoos are able to take the offspring etc.

I know it looks like a 4 v 1 choice, but it's not.

We have a winner.

Reading the rest of this thread, it really proves the last bit of the article, mentioning 'Disneyfication' of zoo creatures.

EDIT: And in all fairness, how many of you actually give a genuine shit about it? Or are you all armchair conservationists?
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Mar 25, 2014,
Page 1 of 2