Okey so i bought a guitar off my friend a year ago for 100$ , from what i can tell its a stratocaster but i don't know who it was made by or anything i was thinking about selling it and getting a new one , there is no serial number on the headstock neck or body of the guitar, so i came here with the hopes someone might have an answer for me ill put pics in , only indicator is the headstock just says California

Given the lack of a serial number or other identifying marks (save for the decal on the headstock), your guitar is quite possibly a "Partscaster." That is to say, someone bought the various components and assembled a Stratocaster-like guitar out of it. This was and is a very common practice; particularly in the 1980s when lots of people sought to build "Partscasters" because that was what Eddie Van Halen had done, though he strayed from the design a bit.

If it is a commercially-produced instrument, then it could be any one of a few hundred off-brand instruments that were made by numerous factories in Asia. Those factories made knock-offs of popular U.S.A.-made instruments and sold them under a huge array of brand names. Tracing it might be difficult to impossible.

It appears to be in good shape, so if you like it, just play it and enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
"California" is the importers brand. It is an inexpensive chinese import probably made for several import retailers. It seems to have ties with a company named Eleca, they may be the importer or the manufacturer in China, Im not sure. It also looks identical the ones Monoprice is selling under their "brand". Hope that helps you.
Quote by FatalGear41
Given the lack of a serial number or other identifying marks (save for the decal on the headstock), your guitar is quite possibly a "Partscaster." That is to say, someone bought the various components and assembled a Stratocaster-like guitar out of it. This was and is a very common practice; particularly in the 1980s when lots of people sought to build "Partscasters" because that was what Eddie Van Halen had done, though he strayed from the design a bit.

If it is a commercially-produced instrument, then it could be any one of a few hundred off-brand instruments that were made by numerous factories in Asia. Those factories made knock-offs of popular U.S.A.-made instruments and sold them under a huge array of brand names. Tracing it might be difficult to impossible.

It appears to be in good shape, so if you like it, just play it and enjoy it!

thank you that was very informational, it plays very good i was just thining about getting something shinier , but this would be nice to keep just to say it was my first guitar.