Hello,
I have a jackson js23 dinky with a SSH pickup configuration. Al tough I have a second guitar, I'd like to make this one a bit better, by changing the stock jackson pickups with a batter setup. The reason for this is because sometimes I'd like to have the single coil sound and my other guitar has blackouts in it. I would need it for rock, clean stuff and maybe to experiment around in the world of blues or something else.
My budget is around 100-150€ and I live in italy, close to austria. My current amp is a EVH 5150 III with a 2x12 cab with celestion v30.
Thanks
Do you want the single coils to balance with the full humbucker, or do you want them to balance with the humbucker when it's split?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know the singlecoils in that guitar. What would you compare them to? Or are you planning on swapping all of the pickups out?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Jayerrr
The full humbucker, but many times I use only single coils

ok

that's probably more difficult. I don't really have any experience in matching single coils to the whole humbucker, normally i do the opposite I'm guessing you want a not too hot humbucker (so probably paf or hot paf territory) combined with hotter single coils. and you'd also probably want to consider matching them tonally too- so probably a brighter humbucker and/or warmer single coils. with any luck that'll happen anyway (since hotter pickups, everything else being equal, tend to be darker).

have you emailed any pickup manufacturers? they can give advice on this (though be aware they'll probably only recommend their own products, you sort of have to read between the lines when it comes to their recommendations).

if you don't want to spend too much, i hear good things about irongear, tonerider, axesrus and entwistle, though i haven't tried them.

you might be just about within range of some of the cheaper handwinders with your budget, too- oilcity, catswhisker, j loureiro etc. I haven't tried those, either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?